santander

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by homolgus, Sep 10, 2012.

1. homolgus

homolgus Read Only Funster

sailing to santander will arrive at 6pm anyone know a stopover within an hours drive from the port

2. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi out towards the air port there are industrial estates we very often stop on them .or just outside on the 611 to torrelavega there is a big shell garagewith a big truck stop .again thats usefull. or we also stop at torrelavega near the continente super market .or behind the aldi super market across the road .lots of parking .or a bit further up the road at sierra panda railway station again big carpark.

3. homolgus

homolgus Read Only Funster

thanks for the information it will be useful i am driving to the algarve and may wish to stop on the way down are there plentiful stopovers in portugal

regards homolgus

4. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi. my experiance is you can almost stop where ever you like. but park ,dont camp .nothing outside .no leveling ramps and no chairs etc outside .
    http://www.campingcarportugal.com/index2_uk.htm.you may find this usefull.
    i would possibly enter portugal near elvas .nice town very interesting then evora and down to the algarve visiting a few barrages /lakes on the way.
    have a good one .normally fill up in spain before entering portugal save a shilling .