Santander or Bilbao

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jackomet, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Jackomet

Jackomet Read Only Funster

Just had a call from CC&C, with whom I booked my Brittany ferry for the 12th Oct Portsmouth to Santander crossing.
    "Hello Mr JK, just to let you know that the ferry will be going to Bilbao, not Santander". ???? It appears that Brittany will be picking up P&O's old route as from 2011 and they are doing some "dry runs".
    Don't like the sound of "dry runs", but I have used the Bilbao ferry many times so that's OK although I was looking forward to seeing the Santander set up. Also crossing about an hour longer and 40 miles or so added to my first day's journey to the south of Spain.

Effect anyone else? Better check.

JK

2. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Hi Mate.
    Think I would go for some inconvenience compensation.. :Wink:

We are going Plymouth to Santandar in a couple of weeks,,, going to Seaunce in Northern Spain on business for a few days.

We done Bilbao a few times but think Santandar is a nicer port and easier to get on the open road..

Then probably in January same route on our way to Cadiz.. Hows the misses ? :thumb:

3. Jackomet

Jackomet Read Only Funster

Hi Maurice,
    Not worth the effort mate, no real probs.
    About time you were on your travels again. SWMBO is fine and we just can't wait to get away again and try some different sites. Everytime we go to the storage place to check on the 5er we almost always just want to hitch up and go, but stuck here for a significant family birthday coming up next week. Hope you are settlling into your new place OK.
    May see you in Spain someday soon.
    J&T

4. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Yes all settled in, and get xmas over and we will be off.. :BigGrin:

Going down to Cadiz, sail on the 11th Jan.. :thumb:

Dont know much about the sites down there but must be ones as good as if not better than Marjal..

Perhaps we will meet up,, and go to another Bar-B-Q.. :Doh: :Wink:

Love to Tricia. XX

5. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Have you not spotted The Spanish Job thread, Dame Penelope of Pitstop knows the area intimately.

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/continental-touring/27527-spanish-job-final-planning.html