- Sanlúcar de Barrameda, Cadiz -AIRE CLOSED (1 Viewer)

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Sadly, varied reports about the apparent closure of the delightfully located aire at Sanlúcar have proved to be accurate. We arrived today and signage at the entrances to the site make it clear that cars only are permitted access now.
For those who know and have used this aire, the adjacent "service point" is still there and fully functioning, so grey/black can be dumped and fresh water is available, hoses and connectors needed.
Now, that is the official situation...... CLOSED.
However, as at today 12/15 vans are parked in the road immediately adjacent to the aire, beside the service point and, apparently, untroubled by authority, so we have joined them "street parking".
Spoke to a number of Spanish van owners who all said that the aire has been closed due to abuses of the protocols which govern such locations:-
1. Being used as campsite, awnings, laundry, chairs, tables and barbies etc.
2. Vans, allegedly, spending 6/8 summer weeks on site.
3. Rubbish/waste left behind after departure.
So, it appears that once again a few inconsiderate users have spoiled a great location for the many. It is worth emphasising that official Aires, wherever located in Europe, are subject to rules of usage and almost without exception are time limited. All users, off all nations, must play the game or more closures are inevitable.
Before departing here, I hope to be able to speak to "officialdom" to ascertain what hopes for the future, although I am told that the new mayor is "anti motorhomes.

Bryan

PS: Would members be prepared to pay for this great location ?

Attachments

• 20161206_163053.jpg
    20161206_163053.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 20161206_164734.jpg
    20161206_164734.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 20161206_164442.jpg
    20161206_164442.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 20161206_164349.jpg
    20161206_164349.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 60

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Have used this place a couple of times and would happily pay a reasonable amount to be able to use it again.

Our problem is, of course, those inconsiderates don't subscribe to places such as MHF; they're part of the selfish few who think rules are for someone else. And yes, we've seen quite a few very expensive outfits at Sanlucar of all nations blatantly flouting the rules. Perhaps a small charge to pay for an attendant might be the answer.

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Just noticed a wrong photo was posted in OP. Should be this one.

Bryan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 20161206_164734.jpg
    20161206_164734.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 27

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Before departing here, I hope to be able to speak to "officialdom" to ascertain what hopes for the future, although I am told that the new mayor is "anti motorhomes.

Perhaps the Mayor is against Anti Social Behaviour.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
When we were there in may, the fiesta was on so the aire was closed and my s were directed to the beach on the south side. Is that still available? @bryandh

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010

Perhaps the Mayor is against Anti Social Behaviour.

That may well be true.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I'd happily pay for entrance to many of the vast empty car parks around Spain and Portugal. why don't their councils wake up to the fact that if barriers were to be installed they could make lots of money from us winter visitors instead of turfing us away from these huge usually unused spaces.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Must own up Ive cooked a Sunday morning breakfast for about 6 Funsters at Sanlúcar. We did get the hard word from some Spanish Motorhomers so we packed everything away toute suite.

The next morning, the police came round putting slips under peoples windscreen wipers telling everyone to vacate by midday the following day as the Circus was coming to town.

Next morning, many of the bigger vehicles had arrived overnight. I went to take some rubbish to the bins on the quiet road to the south side of the site. I heard whimpering coming from a cardboard box by the side of the bins. Opened the box and there were 6 puppies in there still blind that had been dumped presumably by someone from the Circus.

I spoke to some council men who were erecting a temporary electric supply for the Circus. He told me to 'get over it, this was Espana not England and they did things differently there'.

We were told to go to a beach area about 1.5 miles south (local dogging spot looking by the detritus) and we stayed there one more night. Lifted a manhole on the main road to empty our cassettes.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Sadly, varied reports about the apparent closure of the delightfully located aire at Sanlúcar have proved to be accurate. We arrived today and signage at the entrances to the site make it clear that cars only are permitted access now.
For those who know and have used this aire, the adjacent "service point" is still there and fully functioning, so grey/black can be dumped and fresh water is available, hoses and connectors needed.
Now, that is the official situation...... CLOSED.
However, as at today 12/15 vans are parked in the road immediately adjacent to the aire, beside the service point and, apparently, untroubled by authority, so we have joined them "street parking".
Spoke to a number of Spanish van owners who all said that the aire has been closed due to abuses of the protocols which govern such locations:-
1. Being used as campsite, awnings, laundry, chairs, tables and barbies etc.
2. Vans, allegedly, spending 6/8 summer weeks on site.
3. Rubbish/waste left behind after departure.
So, it appears that once again a few inconsiderate users have spoiled a great location for the many. It is worth emphasising that official Aires, wherever located in Europe, are subject to rules of usage and almost without exception are time limited. All users, off all nations, must play the game or more closures are inevitable.

Bryan

PS: Would members be prepared to pay for this great location ?

Is it now a car park ?
Not condoning what has gone on before but the signs aren't legal in that ,under the law, you cannot differentiate between a "turismo" being parked & an "autocaravana" being parked.

Just noticed a wrong photo was posted in OP. Should be this one.

Bryan
Not 100% sure but that appears to be a 'clearway' sign (i.e. no stopping allowed) but exemption for "turismos" ( cars)
Which wouldn't be legal as above.

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Is it now a car park ?
Not condoning what has gone on before but the signs aren't legal in that ,under the law, you cannot differentiate between a "turismo" being parked & an "autocaravana" being parked.

Not 100% sure but that appears to be a 'clearway' sign (i.e. no stopping allowed) but exemption for "turismos" ( cars)
Which wouldn't be legal as above.

Good luck arguing those points!! Maybe you should pop in and give it a go!! Let us know how you get on when faced with instructions, by Policia Local, to leave.

To answer your question.... yes it is now a CAR park albeit little used.

Bryan

Last edited:
OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
On the other hand.......

Spoke to the tourist department and others today only to be told that the aire " will not open in the foreseeable future". Also confirmed, what was known already, it was closed "owing to periods of sustained misuse".

On the bright side discussion will take place next year regarding re-opening it as a controlled facility.... supervised and pay per night.

Time will tell, in the meantime "street parking" seems to be being allowed subject I guess to no stupid behaviour.

Bryan

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Such a shame as this was voted "best spot" by at least one full-time couple and ourselves.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back