Sanef tolling card

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by teknik155, May 8, 2013.

1. teknik155

teknik155 Funster

Greetings Funsters , Have just recieved an email from Eurotunnel about their new deals and one of them is a partnership with SANEF to purchase a Toll Taq for use on French Routes. Ideal for UK handed vehicles and solo drivers and you also get a discount off the rates (no need for bag of coins etc).
    Any good for any one???? Oh yea any problems they have a Uk call centre.

2. TheTwoOfUs

TheTwoOfUs Funster

I've just spent a while reading the Sanef website and it says that there are no discounts. Furthermore. there is a charge for registering for the Tol taq system. Approx 11eoros for a single trip, more for multi trips.

3. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

I did look at this a while ago but struggle to see the benefit. €20 deposit, €6 per year account management, €5 per month of use (maximum of €10 per year), for NO discount, some time saving and saving SWMBO leaning out with the Credit Card or cash.

Stick with what we do - try and avoid Autoroutes whenever possible

Steve

4. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

thanks for this.. I have just signed up for a tag.. a right result..
    there is a small initial discount but then you pay the same as everyone else.
    it's the sheer convenience that does it for me..
    they send a tag and two fixing clips within a couple of working days. they send an invoice around the middle of the month after you used it and take payment at the end of that month by direct debit. you pay a charge each month you use the tag of six euros (I think) but if you don't u use it you don't pay that month and there's a max usage of 10 euro (again.. I think)
    Its not having to be inconvenienced by tolls that's the attraction.. I like travelling longer distances quickly smoothly and as fuel efficient as possible

Last edited: May 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. teknik155

teknik155 Funster

My information is off the Eurotunnel web site and it is supposed to be an exclusive deal. No fee (10Euro) and other half price deals.

6. ukbill

ukbill Funster

i once used a tag the charge to use it was good and to activate it
    but you dont know what ya paying for the tolls till the bill arrives yes you do go into the auto barrier and just drive through no queues but then i have never seen queues at the tolls except when i made the mistake of travelling through france on black satuday arghhhhhhhhhhh lol
    my advice would be to not use tolls or if you do lean out the window and know what its costing you

• Like Like x 1
  7. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

Too many I Thinks - I prefer I Knows

But thanks anyway

8. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

sorry.. if you substitute know for like then.. that would be good thanks..
    .. and if you really want to know.. go have a peep at their website.. my post was more about thanking the op for posting the info :thumb: