Sanef telepeage

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Chrisy, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Chrisy

Chrisy Funster

I understand that at 3.5 tons and 2.8 m high we can use this in France. Is the height restriction on the base vehicle or would it include a satellite dish which might make us 3.1m? Emailed Sanef but they ignored this part of my query. Is there a height restriction at the toll barrier?

2. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

There is a height restriction. .. but. .. with the tag you may well find you have no issues at all. We dont

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteveB123

SteveB123 Funster

Yes I am 3.1m and 5 ton Tag axle have just travelled through France using Sanef tag most class 2 but the newer ones a lot more 3 or 4 press the button and tell them your class 2 it has worked for me once the other times they said no.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Granjan

Granjan Funster

We travelled through France north to south twice this year different routes, with our 9.2 m rag with bits on top 3.1 always Class 2 on ticket. Pay as you go.

5. Dorwyn

Dorwyn Funster

The orange coloured t sign usually on the left, marked something like high speed, has no height restrictions and you can apparently drive thru at 50 kph. We slow down until we hear the peep so that we are sure it has registered. It's a great system, tho we try not to overuse it, good for missing busy cities. Otherwise use the truck lane.

6. Fenman

Fenman Funster

Have had a Liber-t doofer for many years and love driving passed the queues for paying. Also love watching in my mirrir when a Frenchman holds back as he is convinced that the stupid Englishman is in the wrong lane and will shortly be reversing.:)
    If you are interested in one then go on to eurotunnel.com as they are offering one without the deposit according to an email I got from them yesterday.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cleve

Cleve Funster

I am very pleased with my SANEF telepeage, I took up the caravan clubs offer though I have had one on the car for the last 13 years (SANP). Just like Fenman, I have enjoyed enormous pleasure when they think another daft Englishman. It has been a godsend coming up from Provence on the busy summer dates. Also when solo driver in RHD has saved all that messing about either leaning across or getting out and walking around.

Highly recommend it Clive:france::wine::france:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dorwyn

Dorwyn Funster

I always wondered why there was no one behind me!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Candapack

Candapack Funster

We got one last year. Very first time it was activated, heard a regular beep from back of MH. Turned out to be the MH control panel which had crashed. (Luckily it was a fairly easy fix). Coincidence, or some sort of electronic incompatibility, no idea. So we never used it again.
    Went back this year and again, didn't use it just in case (Still paying the annual fee mind). When we started heading for home, we thought, give it a try. Wasn't recognised at the entry station, so took a ticket. Left the thing where it was, and on exit the barrier lifted automatically. Thereafter, it worked perfectly, and no problem with van control panel.
    Unfortunately, that first "glitch" meant coming home to a charge of c. £80 for that one toll road journey, because without an entry point, Sanef assumes the maximum distance. Fortunately, we had kept the ticket, and they're organising a refund.
    Will use it again, it does make things much easier at the toll booths.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dorwyn

Dorwyn Funster

This happened to us too, likewise we got a refund. I was quite pleased with them, it gives you confidence that they will not rip you off

• Like Like x 1
  11. Baldeagle7470

Baldeagle7470 Funster

Dorwyn,
    Please don't take this the wrong way and not being pedantic but the drive through lanes are set at 30 kph!!
    Would hate to see you ruin the bonnet of your lovely van,as you say slow down till you hear the beep.
    In typical French fashion the machine is as tardy as some real French and only open the barrier as you screech to a stop.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cleve

Cleve Funster

Dorwyn is quite right, it gives you enough milliseconds for the brain to think, dont tell me its not going to work, then ping an relief sets in. I resisted the temptation to comment on the speed. Still my preferred route through the tolls and certain bridges as well!

13. Dorwyn

Dorwyn Funster

Just blame my memory! I figured someone would correct me if wrong. It seemed very fast