Sanef telepeage (1 Viewer)

Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
I understand that at 3.5 tons and 2.8 m high we can use this in France. Is the height restriction on the base vehicle or would it include a satellite dish which might make us 3.1m? Emailed Sanef but they ignored this part of my query. Is there a height restriction at the toll barrier?

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
Yes I am 3.1m and 5 ton Tag axle have just travelled through France using Sanef tag most class 2 but the newer ones a lot more 3 or 4 press the button and tell them your class 2 it has worked for me once the other times they said no.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
We travelled through France north to south twice this year different routes, with our 9.2 m rag with bits on top 3.1 always Class 2 on ticket. Pay as you go.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
The orange coloured t sign usually on the left, marked something like high speed, has no height restrictions and you can apparently drive thru at 50 kph. We slow down until we hear the peep so that we are sure it has registered. It's a great system, tho we try not to overuse it, good for missing busy cities. Otherwise use the truck lane.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Have had a Liber-t doofer for many years and love driving passed the queues for paying. Also love watching in my mirrir when a Frenchman holds back as he is convinced that the stupid Englishman is in the wrong lane and will shortly be reversing.:)
If you are interested in one then go on to eurotunnel.com as they are offering one without the deposit according to an email I got from them yesterday.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
I am very pleased with my SANEF telepeage, I took up the caravan clubs offer though I have had one on the car for the last 13 years (SANP). Just like Fenman, I have enjoyed enormous pleasure when they think another daft Englishman. It has been a godsend coming up from Provence on the busy summer dates. Also when solo driver in RHD has saved all that messing about either leaning across or getting out and walking around.

Highly recommend it Clive:france::wine::france:

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Have had a Liber-t doofer for many years and love driving passed the queues for paying. Also love watching in my mirrir when a Frenchman holds back as he is convinced that the stupid Englishman is in the wrong lane and will shortly be reversing.:)

I always wondered why there was no one behind me!!!

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
We got one last year. Very first time it was activated, heard a regular beep from back of MH. Turned out to be the MH control panel which had crashed. (Luckily it was a fairly easy fix). Coincidence, or some sort of electronic incompatibility, no idea. So we never used it again.
Went back this year and again, didn't use it just in case (Still paying the annual fee mind). When we started heading for home, we thought, give it a try. Wasn't recognised at the entry station, so took a ticket. Left the thing where it was, and on exit the barrier lifted automatically. Thereafter, it worked perfectly, and no problem with van control panel.
Unfortunately, that first "glitch" meant coming home to a charge of c. Ā£80 for that one toll road journey, because without an entry point, Sanef assumes the maximum distance. Fortunately, we had kept the ticket, and they're organising a refund.
Will use it again, it does make things much easier at the toll booths.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
This happened to us too, likewise we got a refund. I was quite pleased with them, it gives you confidence that they will not rip you off

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
The orange coloured t sign usually on the left, marked something like high speed, has no height restrictions and you can apparently drive thru at 50 kph. We slow down until we hear the peep so that we are sure it has registered. It's a great system, tho we try not to overuse it, good for missing busy cities. Otherwise use the truck lane.

Dorwyn,
Please don't take this the wrong way and not being pedantic but the drive through lanes are set at 30 kph!!
Would hate to see you ruin the bonnet of your lovely van,as you say slow down till you hear the beep.
In typical French fashion the machine is as tardy as some real French and only open the barrier as you screech to a stop.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Dorwyn is quite right, it gives you enough milliseconds for the brain to think, dont tell me its not going to work, then ping an relief sets in. I resisted the temptation to comment on the speed. Still my preferred route through the tolls and certain bridges as well!

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Dorwyn,
Please don't take this the wrong way and not being pedantic but the drive through lanes are set at 30 kph!!
Would hate to see you ruin the bonnet of your lovely van,as you say slow down till you hear the beep.
In typical French fashion the machine is as tardy as some real French and only open the barrier as you screech to a stop.
Just blame my memory! I figured someone would correct me if wrong. It seemed very fast

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back