gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Hi all ,, last year I got a Sanef tag to use on the French Toll roads for the car and caravan and it worked with no issues. Allowing us to use the auto barriers speeding through the barriers

Can I use this tag on my motorhome (Auto-trail Tracker) or are they just for cars. I've tried looking on the Sanef website but can not find any answer

Cheers Paul

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Yes, just use the non height restricted lanes and you will be charged at Class 2 rates as long as your height is not over 3 metres. My motorhome is over 3.5 tonnes (just) and I don't experience any problems.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Technically you should only use it if your motorhome qualifies as Class 2 - under 3500kg, under 3m high.

However in practice many of us have larger motorhomes than that and have only ever been asked to pay Class 2 and use the tag with no issues.

Go for it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 21, 2016
Pyrenees France
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact Access
Exp
Since 2017
Yes, the restriction or additional charge is over 3.0m height and over 3500kg. There are height sensors, but not weight sensors.
Make sure to use the tolls with no height restriction. You can also use the 30kph Lane as these have no height restriction (normally)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
How precise are the tag toll gates with height?

Without a tag we'd get through the standard gates in the old MH as class 2 even though the luton was 3.05m.

I'm thinking of getting a tag for the new low profile vehicle but the sat dish may make it 3.05m - will I be nobbled at the tag gates?

OP
OP
gradyp

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
I may have a problem then , just looked in the manual and it says I'm 3.03 mtrs. plus I have a lay flat oyster sat dish which may add approx. 20cm so it may not let me through . DOH

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I may have a problem then , just looked in the manual and it says I'm 3.03 mtrs. plus I have a lay flat oyster sat dish which may add approx. 20cm so it may not let me through . DOH

Unless the flat part where the receiver goes is below the highest part of the roof, but unless there's a luton it'd be difficult to imagine a 20cm difference. Our 18cm tall Maxview manual crank didn't increase the height due to the luton.

OP
OP
gradyp

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Unless the flat part where the receiver goes is below the highest part of the roof, but unless there's a luton it'd be difficult to imagine a 20cm difference. Our 18cm tall Maxview manual crank didn't increase the height due to the luton.
I'll have to nip down to the storage yard with ladders and a tape to get an accurate measurement

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
How precise are the tag toll gates with height?

Without a tag we'd get through the standard gates in the old MH as class 2 even though the luton was 3.05m.

I'm thinking of getting a tag for the new low profile vehicle but the sat dish may make it 3.05m - will I be nobbled at the tag gates?

The detection system is exactly the same. At many tolls you even use the same lanes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back