Samsung Galaxy S2 wanted... (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Knowing that some of our members are the very personification of geekiness I wondered if any of said fraternity had upgraded their android appendage to the latest S3 model and were therefore now in possession of a shiny S2 that they wished to bestow upon a worthy recipient (after suitable consideration has changed hands of course)???

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Had to run it through Google translator
Bryan wants a Galaxy S2 cheap::bigsmile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am a geek and proud to be one... I am looking at getting a S3 soon...

Give me a PM in a couple of years time when I will no doubt be upgrading to the S4...

It will be a nervous time as I have always been a Nokia man ever since the Communicator series...

I plan to keep my current fantastic Nokia 72 just in case I can't get on with the new Android OS with a sandwich thingy...

JJ :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
My current android powered telecommunication device is poorly, hency my search for a new [STRIKE]toy[/STRIKE] piece of critical equipment ::bigsmile:

Seriously though, I find having an android device and permanent net connectivity liberating...of course it all comes down to the apps.

I've missed my android at least 6 times today :Sad:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
My current android powered telecommunication device is poorly, hency my search for a new [STRIKE]toy[/STRIKE] piece of critical equipment ::bigsmile:

Seriously though, I find having an android device and permanent net connectivity liberating...of course it all comes down to the apps.

I've missed my android at least 6 times today :Sad:
Not selling mine but you are correct, it is a great bit of kit. Your biggest hurdle will be getting someone to part with the S2, it is so good they will probably keep it as a stand-by.:winky:

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Not selling mine but you are correct, it is a great bit of kit. Your biggest hurdle will be getting someone to part with the S2, it is so good they will probably keep it as a stand-by.:winky:

My first foray into the realm of the robot was with a special deal on a Samsung Galaxy Europa. Very basic (not even multitouch) but at a very affordable price...to test the water if you will.

Until then I was using an HTC windows ce phone. Found it useful but never really installed mush software as it was a pain having to use a PC and activesync. (The app stores for both apple and android revolutionised this)

Once I was hooked on android I got a Samsung Galaxy Ace and it is a cracking phone. More than adequate. I just hanker after a larger screen and the S2 has long been planned as my next upgrade...and now my Ace is poorly my hand has been forced :Cool:

Oh, and by the way....later today a very shiny S2 should be winging it's way to me...I managed to find some-one willing to part with one :thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
My first foray into the realm of the robot was with a special deal on a Samsung Galaxy Europa. Very basic (not even multitouch) but at a very affordable price...to test the water if you will.

Until then I was using an HTC windows ce phone. Found it useful but never really installed mush software as it was a pain having to use a PC and activesync. (The app stores for both apple and android revolutionised this)

Once I was hooked on android I got a Samsung Galaxy Ace and it is a cracking phone. More than adequate. I just hanker after a larger screen and the S2 has long been planned as my next upgrade...and now my Ace is poorly my hand has been forced :Cool:

Oh, and by the way....later today a very shiny S2 should be winging it's way to me...[HI]I managed to find some-one willing to part with one[/HI] :thumb:
You have done well Brian:thumb: is it ice cream sandwich ready.....:winky:

keith_c

Free Member
Jan 31, 2012
Amersham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I've sold it to him!

Bryan has got a lovely S2 - I just never really took to Android as I'm too entrenched with Apple, and docks, and headphones, and iMessage, and iCloud etc etc. Better he has it and I have some money rather than it sit in a cupboard.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I've sold it to him!

Bryan has got a lovely S2 - I just never really took to Android as I'm too entrenched with Apple, and docks, and headphones, and iMessage, and iCloud etc etc. Better he has it and I have some money rather than it sit in a cupboard.
My partner has a 4S and I have an S2 so I get to use both. She loves her 4S and I love my S2 both are very impressive bits of kit but I wouldn't swoop with her. One important plus for the S2 is it don't shatter the screen when dropped. The Iphone does very easily. They are ok for the ladies:Smile:

keith_c

Free Member
Jan 31, 2012
Amersham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I must've been lucky as I've had numerous iPhones and they've all survived (it's a bit sad but I've got them all, pristine and boxed up from the first one to the iPhone 4 - and the 4S will get added to the collection as soon as the 5 is out!).

I've got a Galaxy S3 too (my wife's contract recently ran out so she upgraded!) - still prefer the iPhone. It's really all about the "eco-system" though. I'm so tied into cloud, iPhoto, iTunes Match and so on I'd really miss all of them and this ties me to iPhones. The S3 is good but I find actually doing things on the iPhone is quicker.

Really though, they're all toys and good toys at that!

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
and an often overlooked MAJOR benefit of the iphone is the form factor...the fact that you CAN buy so many docks, etc. to plug into...with android having an open hardware agreement, the difference in form factor means that you will never have the same level of 'peripherals' that the iphone does.

Now, having said that, why on earth do we have all the iphone docks? We have alarm clocks, speakers, media centres, etc. that all rely on PHYSICALLY attaching an iphone/ipod. This limits the design aesthetic and believe me, somr of the contraptions out there look plum ugly once you have an iphone stood atop like a shiny black monolith to be adored. :Doh:

In these times of bluetooth, dlna, wifi etc. why on earth don't the manufacturers of the peripherals mentioned above just build in a bluetooth transceiver....that way the disign would be so much more flexible AND their market would more than double as ALL smartphone users could buy their kit.

Or is is as I alluded to earlier, a method of showcasing the iphone by perching it atop a speaker system saying LOOOK AT MEEEE!

Here's a dragons den idea...create a bluetooth transceiver that has an iphone port. The unit plugs into the peripheral instead of the iphone and then ANY iphone dock can be used with ANY bluetooth enabled mp3 player or phone...

If anyone takes up this idea I expect a paid position within the company at the very least :thumb::Cool:::bigsmile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
and an often overlooked MAJOR benefit of the iphone is the form factor...the fact that you CAN buy so many docks, etc. to plug into...with android having an open hardware agreement, the difference in form factor means that you will never have the same level of 'peripherals' that the iphone does.
Now, having said that, why on earth do we have all the iphone docks? We have alarm clocks, speakers, media centres, etc. that all rely on PHYSICALLY attaching an iphone/ipod. This limits the design aesthetic and believe me, somr of the contraptions out there look plum ugly once you have an iphone stood atop like a shiny black monolith to be adored. :Doh:
In these times of bluetooth, dlna, wifi etc. why on earth don't the manufacturers of the peripherals mentioned above just build in a bluetooth transceiver....that way the disign would be so much more flexible AND their market would more than double as ALL smartphone users could buy their kit.

Or is is as I alluded to earlier, a method of showcasing the iphone by perching it atop a speaker system saying LOOOK AT MEEEE!

Here's a dragons den idea...create a bluetooth transceiver that has an iphone port. The unit plugs into the peripheral instead of the iphone and then ANY iphone dock can be used with ANY bluetooth enabled mp3 player or phone...

If anyone takes up this idea I expect a paid position within the company at the very least :thumb::Cool:::bigsmile:
Sounds like a great idea..... Here is a tracker for the Android if it takes your fancy, as recommended by StitchUp this FREE real time tracker is brilliant, it gives position and mph just like your sat nav but can be viewed by anyone who you nominate to view. He also recommended additional power pack should you require extended battery life that is good value. I also use Latitude but it doesn’t have the real time facility yet still very good. http://www.greenalp.com/RealTimeTracker/index.php?page=home&error=Not+authenticated

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
I've sold it to him!

Phone received...Excellent condition, packed extremely well...I couldn't be more pleased::bigsmile:

Just wish MHF had a feedback system :ROFLMAO:

Signed
One very happy bunny:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back