Samsung Galaxy 10' tablet

Discussion in 'Computers' started by ShiftZZ, Mar 6, 2015.

1. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Any recommendations ?

2. laneside

laneside Funster

YES----you are an old fart like us so get an I Pad

• Like Like x 1
  3. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

Yup, iPad Air 2 (y)

4. laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan Funster Life Member

I had a good look at both the i pad and the Samsung galaxy 10 , there is not a lot in it but the galaxy edged it for me , I found it more useful for my job than the i pad ,I've had the original my and the galaxy 3 and 4 , my employers were so impressed by the labour saving and efficiency of my galaxy 10 inch tablet that they bought every engineer in the company a galaxy tab 4 , I'm using it at the moment to type this message , for Internet access it's very convenient

• Like Like x 2
  5. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

I'm thinking of one of these Amazon but not too sure on the battery life. If you buy from Currys Samsung have a £100 & £50 cashback scheme if you send in your old tablet. See their T&Cs.

6. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

My opinion, the iPad is just an expensive browser not much good for anything else, I know the boss has one you can't even find where it stores files.
    The Galaxy Tab is a proper tablet that is useable, and a lot cheaper, can't really go wrong the Tab is a far better & cheaper device.
    The only thing Apple make worth buying is the ipod and then you are stuck with using that awful iTunes program.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  7. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Know nothing of the iPad but being an Android fan the Galaxy 10" does it for me. Battery life compared with my Mini S3 is light years ahead, lasts for days. I had an option of a SIM slot or a Huawei with it and chose the latter for the 5 connection option but wish now I'd gone for the SIM. But no problem with the mifi as it can sit anywhere in the van or in the wife's handbag elsewhere, just got to remember to take it with us.

8. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

No! dont get an ipad we have one and its rubbish compared to my sons new l samsung Galaxy S and a third of the price! (£220)

plus you can buy an adapter to plug into the mini USB that allows you to plug in full size USB (ipad owners weep). Great for watching movies/TV programs of a portable hard drive...whatever. or you can download stuff straight onto it as well instead of faffing about with itunes! :(

and as said above battery life light years ahead

• Like Like x 3
  9. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Samsung - fantastic track record.

10. Bailey58

Now back to David Dimbleby. Well early days yet and not many results in but it would look as though the I's ermm, don't have it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. buttons

buttons Funster

I have had a Samsung note 10.2 for nearly 3 years. Great bit of kit. I also have a Samsung s5 that has run out on contract. My heart says upgrade to a Samsung s6 now but my head says hang on until September and get the new Note 5 phablet that will replace both my tablet and my phone.

My advice is to hang on a few months and get yourself the best option that will be on the market, phone and tablet in one box.(y)
    My fair lady has a iphone 6 and a ipad mini both are fantastic bits of kit and she loves them but for me the Note 5 is my next goal. Ask JJ he will put you right.:)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  12. laird of Dunstan

If you have a smartphone, you can hook it up to the galaxy , no need for a mifi, there's a setting in most smart phones that allows mobile network tethering , so don't buy a Huawei device if you have a smart phone

13. chaser

chaser Funster

I have advocated this on here many times, but it's ok with O2 and some others but if you have the 3 sim it won't alow tethering with your phone BUT I have found , if you put a three sim into a huawei dongle it tethers no problem;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bailey58

My experience also @chaser, I have a far bigger allowance on the Tab than I do on the phone which I always found too small (physically) to bother with anyway as far as browsing was concerned.

15. laird of Dunstan

I'm sitting in Huawei, office right now , they have bought a research company in Cambridge ☺ guess I'd better not shout about smart phone hook ups to loudly

• Like Like x 1
  16. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

I would suggest that you check all the reviews, I did and while the Samsung is very good, almost every reviewer came down on putting the iPad in front. One of the great things is now you can comfortably see the screen in bright sunshine. I had an iPad 2 and said I would try the Samsung next time I changed, but in the end bought a ipad air 2 and unless you have tried that against the Samsung, I dont think you can really say which is better, the new air 2 is blooming fast.

After using my 16 gig iPad for 2/3 years, I never ever ran out of space, because almost everything goes on One Drive.....yes I know....they can check up on you if you put stuff on the cloud.....well help yourself, cos at my age if you can find anything interesting, please PLEASE tell me, I could do with some excitement!!!!:D

Got mine in Spain and paid in Euros, bought it with UK bank card and paid £299.50 much better than the £399 in UK (y)

17. Mr Mousy

Mr Mousy Funster Life Member

I have seen ipad 'air' and a Samsung 10.1 tablet. I prefer the ipad because it's a lot lighter. The ipad is an ideal web browser. The Samsung however is capable of much more with its built-in pen and the benefit of not being limited by apples restrictive operating system. If you decide on an iPad buy it from Apple direct - they sell 'refurbished' items that are like new with a full guarantee.

18. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

No problem here.

I just tethered my Samsung tab 3 to my android phone using a 3 payg sim and am writing this while connected thus

19. mariner

mariner Funster Life Member

Why would you think that we can't get a USB adapter for our ipads?
    Oh and HDMI too!

I like iTunes too!

:cooler:

20. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster