Sagent display on Autotrail

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by SC 05 OUT, Jun 10, 2009.

1. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

My (new to me 05) Autotrail Scout has the Sargent ditgital display system, there is a couple of small problems will it,

The waist water indicator does not seem to be working it does not show any increase in volume when water is drained into it, it just shows 0% full. I suppose it could be a faulty or stuck sensor float? Or the Sagrent system could be faulty or possibly just need reprogramming? As suggested to me by autotrail customer service.

The outside temperature is flashing -26deg according to the “book” this means a faulty or damaged probe (where is it situated ?) or the connection is not made to the main unit? To add confusion it also seems not all vans have this sensor, so how do I find out ?

The van is in having its hab service, and they are going to look at these faults, but any info I can get will help my understanding of this unit and make sure I’m not bamboozled by the service people

thanks

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

the waste water float may well be gummed up with fat, try putting some washing powder in the tank and going for a drive to slosh it around abit. once cleared you should have full function back. If you do this at least once a year it should keep it free.

3. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

seems a good idea, if they cant find a proper fault durring the service I 'll fill it up with warm soapy water and drive like Jenson Button...

4. Ruddy

Ruddy Read Only Funster

Hope you dont mean into the back of someone or a big wall of strategically placed tyres....:Rofl1:

5. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

As wildman say's probably sensor gummed up, think ot only registers 0%, 50%, 100% though

As for your temp sensor ,could be that it is not fitted and may be an extra, you can buy the sensor from the suppliers for about £9

Which control pannel do you have?

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2009
  6. territo

territo Read Only Funster

Sargent control system

I understand that some of the control systems only show the waste tank is 0% or 100% and nothing in between.

If you have problems or questions about the Sargent systems as I did their man at the factory was very helpful. He is on 01482 678981.:thumb:

7. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

mmm not to sure atm vans away being serviced, but I get a look later

8. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

thanks for that...

9. bald eagle

bald eagle Read Only Funster

We have a v reg mohican and the outside censor just comes out of
    the floor underneath the m/h sticks out about an inch,it is directly in
    line with the control panel.hope this is of some help.

regards
    bald eagle

10. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

Ok maybe you will see your control pannel click here lot of info on the site you may find useful as well as tech data downloads .

Regards

11. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

cheers its the ec200..

very usefull site,

12. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

thanks will hace a crawl around later

13. lufcdave7

lufcdave7 Read Only Funster

Hi Seb
    Territo is correct...despite what the manual says the waste tank only registers 0% full and 100% full, not trusting what the dealer told me I filled the waste tank to the top and sure enough it registered 100% full and started flashing.

14. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

Last time I was out in the m/h the only way I knew the tank was full was because it was overflowing out of the overflow making a nice puddle on the pitch.. I'm sure the display was still on empty

15. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

[​IMG]

looks like the 50% is optional:Sad:

I guess if your fresh water tank is full and waste water empty to start with, then when the fresh is empty the waste will be full.

Assuming they are both the same size:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2009
  16. davetthedon

davetthedon Read Only Funster

Hi
    If yours is similar to mine (the chieftain) the outside sensor is in a direct line underneath the control panel, hanging outside under the chassis. It looks like a piece of black and white speaker cable, with a shrinkable sleeving over the end. The sensor is inside this sleeving. It is yellow and about the size of a map-pin pinhead and has 2 wires coming out of it. This is what broke on mine, (I managed to solder mine back together though) you can source them on rs components and maplin they are called thermistors Bead Thermistors > Maplin . :thumb:
    This is a bit cheaper than one from Autotrail, if you can use a soldering iron.
    The other end of the wire is attached to the back of the control panel, and if the same as mine, has enough wire on it to actually install a set of speakers too!!. There is another pair of wires for the inside sensor, this is high up abve the control panel, in the cableway.
    ATB
    DaveT

17. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

:cry::cry::cry:

I think I'll set up a bucket under the overflow, when I hear it dumping I know its full:Rofl1:

18. davetthedon

davetthedon Read Only Funster

Surely, if its optional there must be a take-off point on the circuit board for another sensor? Why not fit a simple resistance sensor in the side of the tank 1/2way up?

19. lufcdave7

lufcdave7 Read Only Funster

Hi Seb
    sounds like you have a problem then, two ways to go.....
    1.) the manual says remove front trim of display, undo the two small screws, pull panel forward and pull out the multi connector cable, this resets the panel and MAY solve the problem.
    2.) if above fails ring Baldwins Motorhomes, ask for Guy in service, what he doesn't know about Autotrails is not worth knowing and a more helpful, friendly person you'll struggle to meet. Tel 01422 382333
    cheers
    Luffy

20. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

might have to resort to that later