Saga Insurance

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by alcorn54, Nov 27, 2010.

1. alcorn54

alcorn54 Read Only Funster

Saga ,brilliant is all I can say £290ish all in fully comp two drivers . Lots of extras and great service ,matched my wifes no cliaims discount as she was already insured with them . Then her car insurance renewal has just come troiugh and because she had another policy with them they gave her a second car discountsaved another 20% . Brilliant :thumb::thumb:

2. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

Just keep your eye on next year premium, they have a habit of making the first year cheap and each successive year lot more expensive.

Doug...

3. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Got my Citroen toad with them.

Hope not to need em though:Wink:

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

They used to be most competetive on the house insurance, no longer our broker found another reputable company £250 cheaper.

If you try and get a quote from them on line and you are insured with them...... NO Chance, you blocked !

When we had a claim, they were good at sorting it out though but that was when they were Saga before the takeover.

Peter

5. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

SNAP!

Doug...

6. wasp

wasp Funster

I changed my mh insurance last year as Saga wanted to charge me about £370.00 went through Insurance Choice, swapped car insurance when Saga wanted 300 went to Swinton this year Saga want 650 for home insurance so will be looking elswhere,:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry: not good are they!!!!!!!

7. ticktok

ticktok Read Only Funster

Just be carefull next year the premium will go sky high!!:Eek!:

8. alcorn54

alcorn54 Read Only Funster

Saga

Cant beleive it :BigGrin: thought they were brilliant ,well ill soon find out next year ,thanks guys for your comments.:thumb:

9. goffer

goffer Read Only Funster

I went to get a quote from saga but i found one cheaper on another site but because i was already a customer with saga they matched the cheaper quote so im happy:Smile:

10. Gonewiththewind

Gonewiththewind Read Only Funster

Now that is what annoys me! If they can give you the lower rate after you have found some-one else, why cant they give that as a reward for loyalty.
    My renewal from Saga was £480 I found another company offering better deal for £250.
    Saga said Ok we will Give you the same price. My response was as my signature:Rofl1:

Don

11. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

Saga used to be a great company to deal with, was with them for years quotes always good and service if you had an accident was excellent, then they sold out and it all changed.

Also had my mother and car with them (afterall they are for the over 50s supposedly with no upper age limit) when she turned 75 the quote went up by just over £200 she had had no claims or accidents girl i asked on the phone there said it was the system now they had been taken over - so they lost my mums insurance business as well you dont take a quote that puts your insurance up to double what it was

12. Gonewiththewind

Gonewiththewind Read Only Funster

It really gets up my nose. I have always believed in loyalty and up untill 12 months ago realised that the reward was for new customers, not for loyalty. My extra cost whent to pay for the reduced rates for new-comers. So now I am one of the cheap new customers, and will be every year untill such times as these companies realise,
    "LOOK AFTER YOUR EXISTING CUSTOMER"

13. simsy56

simsy56 Funster

l was with Saga, not any more. Went with NFU. Better deal.

Craig

14. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

I am with comfort but you have to shop around every year or you end up paying to much

15. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

+1 Mike.

16. fixitjohn

fixitjohn Read Only Funster

saga a warning to all

Hi guys, newbie here,
    Never Ever give an insurance company permission to auto-renew your policy every year, because I stupidly did! it was because we were always abroad at renewal time in october and was scared of forgetting to re-insure.
    It ran ok for two years then in 2009 I told them by phone no thanks this time it was too much, going with another rival company, to make a long tale short they took out 2009 and 2010 premiums (over £600 ) each time!
    no policies ever recieved or quotes just took out the money from my credit card! it takes forever to get some of it back and no apologies or explanations! moral here always in writing and registered mail too!
    :Doh:

17. oldun

oldun Read Only Funster

Devon Monaco on Renault Master with 2.4 litre diesel engine, auto gearbox, two ancient drivers and no accidents or convictions. European recovery included.

Comfort £280 upwards
    Sureterm £301
    Safeguard £313
    Saga £489

Saga seem to draw their quotations from the hat.

18. dshague

dshague Funster

got my renewal today for car from saga my first year with them £270 .they want £420
    shop around got it for £220 . also got motorhome with them its up in february expecting a big price increase .:Angry:

19. BionicPixie

BionicPixie Read Only Funster

I was with Saga .... then read the fine print! fair enough business travel not covered but also and explicitly no cover for travelling in it TO premises of work; checked and that included my going to work Friday morning and carrying on after work to go for the weekend. Probability was if I had an accident then I would have NO cover as my journey had included a visit (no matter how fleeting) to my place of work:Eeek:.

Now with Safeguard with class 1 business cover! (and cheaper) happy days it means that I can claim expenses to travel (if available) ..:thumb:

20. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Saga have never been anywhere near for me whether it's car, motorhome, house or travel insurance. I've never yet had the mythical free pen sent either!

:Angry: :censored:2 :Angry: