Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We had our MH's first habitation service a couple of days ago by one of the mobile firms. The engineer called me out to the MH and showed me what was under the hob. To my horror the wood had obviously been burned extensively where the hob attaches to it. He asked me if we'd had a fire - which we haven't - and whether we'd noticed any smoke. We racked our brains and remembered a very hot smell and some smoke months ago but it wasn't a lot. Took it to be burning food on the bottom of the pan at the time.
I asked him what could have caused it and he just said flame on too high and the pan being too big.
I'm not convinced and I'm also a bit worried about the safety of the hob.
We're still within warranty (only just) but don't know if this is a warranty issue or whether this could really happen so easily. The main burn could have happened before we got the van as it was 3 years old.
Any thoughts?
Mags

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry for the delay responding. Been out all day visiting the parents.
It's a 3 year old van so it's not within manufacturer's warranty. We got a 12 month warranty from the dealership.
Do you think it's a serious fault?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
sounds like an error in fitting the hob.
return it to the manufacturer or at least send them photos of the damage and a copy of the service engineers report and see what they propose to do to rectify the problem.
also go to a dealers where there are the same vans and inspect the same areas to see if its a common fault or just a one off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back