Safeguard UK - Motorhome insurance

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by tonka, Mar 5, 2016.

1. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

My insurance is due in a week and will be shopping around this year, I do every year but I always seem to come back to Safeguard. I continue to hear the good stories about the efficiency of their Euro recovery and this is a big pull.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Clarky

Clarky Funster

Just renewed with them as well.
    Fortunately we haven't had to test their Euro recovery but an expensive A class windscreen replacement was easy and it didn't affect the renewal.

Richard.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Always end up with them every year as well only had to use them for recovery once when we had a RV but they were great.
    Did have a new A class screen about 2 years ago again brilliant hassle free and efficient.
    Expect you could get a bit cheaper if you try but will you get the same service?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

I can vouch for their recovery procedures. I've also had a new screen replaced through them in France too. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  6. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

Safeguard were pretty good with a flat starter battery in our van on our drive. Called them as I wasn't sure if we were covered, the AA arrived within the hour, confirmed the battery was buggered, the alternator was ok, fitted a replacement Yuasa battery, and took the old one away - cost just shy of £140.(y)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. dodfloss

dodfloss Funster

Thanks for the info,will give them a call.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

This was my first time i needed Safeguard back in 2003..
    Repair all sorted and no increase in policy the next year.
    plus we have had 2 breakdown, one in Germany and one in Spain. Both times sorted out to our satisfaction.

smash 4 comp.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. Neckender

Neckender Funster

In 2014 whilst travelling to Benidorm a French lady driver ran down the side of our brand new Auto Sleeper, Safeguard were brilliant as soon as we got back home 6 weeks later our van went back to Auto Sleepers factory and was repaired, I had to pay £450 excess which Safeguard got me back through a solicitor as the French driver refused to take responsibility for the accident. Anyway 15 months later excess was returned to me and I was then shown to be the innocent party in this.

John.

• Like Like x 3
  10. ramsthom

ramsthom Funster

Motorhome suffered hailstone damage in France last year. I informed Safeguard when we returned home and they were very efficient. Damage came to £6900 and it was repaired to a high standard. The claim was classed as Storm Damage and I did not have to pay any excess. This years renewal increased £30 to £343 so well pleased.

• Like Like x 2
  11. namwaldog

namwaldog Funster

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. dodfloss

dodfloss Funster

Safeguard have a good reputation, will give them a ring in April, thanks to every one for the time they have given in replying, thank you

13. carolyn

carolyn Funster

Renewed ours yesterday, no longer have fiat assist as van 2 years old and after a bit of haggling Safeguard were only £10 more than Comfort and nearly £100 less than caravanguard and Saga. We had our previous van insured with Safeguard and used them twice in France so very happy.

14. dodfloss

dodfloss Funster

Thanks Carolyn, safeguard are getting a lot of good reports,

15. TeeCee

TeeCee Funster

Get full marks from me too........called them out recently after a tyre blow out......punctual, efficient and above all respectfully friendly. Worth every penny!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jimbohorlicks

Jimbohorlicks Funster

My renewal came last week and I was reasonably happy with the price, I phoned to ask about transferring a car no claims discount , which I no longer need, to the van at renewal. They asked if I wanted no claims protection as it would incur a fee plus another £50 per year. --What's the fee for?-to change the documentation I guess, anyway I declined and just asked for a cost review in view of the additional no claims .
    They cant advise until the old policy runs out -what's that all about?-advised that I will also check elsewhere to have a back up insurance ready in case they didn't come up with a revised price-so far have found the Caravan club cheaper, even if I also have to join its cheaper, 270 days EU cover etc, so may give Safeguard a miss this time. Seems that existing customers are not treated that well sometimes

• Informative Informative x 1