Safeguard UK - Motorhome insurance (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My insurance is due in a week and will be shopping around this year, I do every year but I always seem to come back to Safeguard. I continue to hear the good stories about the efficiency of their Euro recovery and this is a big pull.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Just renewed with them as well.
Fortunately we haven't had to test their Euro recovery but an expensive A class windscreen replacement was easy and it didn't affect the renewal.

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Always end up with them every year as well only had to use them for recovery once when we had a RV but they were great.
Did have a new A class screen about 2 years ago again brilliant hassle free and efficient.
Expect you could get a bit cheaper if you try but will you get the same service?

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I can vouch for their recovery procedures. I've also had a new screen replaced through them in France too. (y)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Safeguard were pretty good with a flat starter battery in our van on our drive. Called them as I wasn't sure if we were covered, the AA arrived within the hour, confirmed the battery was buggered, the alternator was ok, fitted a replacement Yuasa battery, and took the old one away - cost just shy of £140.(y)

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
This was my first time i needed Safeguard back in 2003..
Repair all sorted and no increase in policy the next year.
plus we have had 2 breakdown, one in Germany and one in Spain. Both times sorted out to our satisfaction.

smash 4 comp.jpg

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
In 2014 whilst travelling to Benidorm a French lady driver ran down the side of our brand new Auto Sleeper, Safeguard were brilliant as soon as we got back home 6 weeks later our van went back to Auto Sleepers factory and was repaired, I had to pay £450 excess which Safeguard got me back through a solicitor as the French driver refused to take responsibility for the accident. Anyway 15 months later excess was returned to me and I was then shown to be the innocent party in this.

John.

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
Motorhome suffered hailstone damage in France last year. I informed Safeguard when we returned home and they were very efficient. Damage came to £6900 and it was repaired to a high standard. The claim was classed as Storm Damage and I did not have to pay any excess. This years renewal increased £30 to £343 so well pleased.

dodfloss

Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
beverley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
dethleffs eighty a class
Exp
2 years
Safeguard have a good reputation, will give them a ring in April, thanks to every one for the time they have given in replying, thank you

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Renewed ours yesterday, no longer have fiat assist as van 2 years old and after a bit of haggling Safeguard were only £10 more than Comfort and nearly £100 less than caravanguard and Saga. We had our previous van insured with Safeguard and used them twice in France so very happy.

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
Get full marks from me too........called them out recently after a tyre blow out......punctual, efficient and above all respectfully friendly. Worth every penny!

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
My renewal came last week and I was reasonably happy with the price, I phoned to ask about transferring a car no claims discount , which I no longer need, to the van at renewal. They asked if I wanted no claims protection as it would incur a fee plus another £50 per year. --What's the fee for?-to change the documentation I guess, anyway I declined and just asked for a cost review in view of the additional no claims .
They cant advise until the old policy runs out -what's that all about?-advised that I will also check elsewhere to have a back up insurance ready in case they didn't come up with a revised price-so far have found the Caravan club cheaper, even if I also have to join its cheaper, 270 days EU cover etc, so may give Safeguard a miss this time. Seems that existing customers are not treated that well sometimes

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back