Safeguard insurance.. Not an auspicious start (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Applied and paid for insurance with Safeguard on the 11th of June..
I was asked to supply proof of NCB and the CCC membership

Docs duly scanned in on the same day and e-mailed to the person I was told to send them to.
In the e-mail I asked for a return mail as proof of receipt of said mail

Nothing forthcoming .. telephoned and was asked to do it again..
Still nothing.. Foned again and was told due to volume of work there may be a delay

Like so many things in life, a couple of days went by and the matter was resigned to history and my hind brain.

Today I got a letter saying no proof of NCB had been received etc etc

Foned yet again and was told the letter was sent in error as yes, they had got the docs ok.. 20 seconds later I got an e-mail saying they had the docs and all was ok

If this is an example of how Safeguard works, I am very concerned at the prospect of a long and protracted time scale should I have the misfortune to have to place a claim

I have replied to the e-mail telling of my concern but in all honesty do NOT expect a reply

This is my first year with Safeguard. I doubt there will be a second

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
John

We were with safeguard and had a camper stolen. They paid out full amount very quickly. When we took out insurance we were asked whic comPany our insurance was with and what our caravan club membership number was. We had good service and we will probably go back to using them again.

Sonja

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We've used Safeguard for the last 5 years and always found them very efficient and courteous.

John - remember all the problems Roger in Zahora had with his van the winter before last? It was Safeguard he was insured with and he had superb service off them on both occasions!

I think you've just been very unlucky on this occasion.:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Appreciate the reassurance Sonya :thumb:
My experience so far may well have been the direct result of one womans inability to understand the basics of customer facing service ...

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We have taken the new insurance out with safeguard.

We did it by phone on Wednesday and the paperwork has arrived in today's post so please chase them xxxxxxxx

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have taken the new insurance out with safeguard.

We did it by phone on Wednesday and the paperwork has arrived in today's post so please chase them xxxxxxxx

And I think that is the crux of the matter Gail.. As a customer I should not have to do the chasing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have been with safeguard for 11 years. Had 1 van with a serious repair after someone crashed into in and 2 breakdowns in Europe everything all sorted fast and prompt. Always found them to be good and easy to access on the phone.
Think you caught em at a bad time....

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
This is my third year with Safeguard and completely happy with them. Initial set up involved me translating French equivalent of NCB which did not give rise to any problems. Had one claim which was dealt with quickly and efficiently. Just renewed early over the phone as we are out of the country for original expiry date

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I also use Safeguard and my sister.

My sister had an accident at the peage in France

Very fast response from safeguard.

Also my windscreen cracked the last time we went to France and again no Problems whatsoever with safeguard.

Lesley

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We have used safeguard for 6yrs, renewal has just dropped on mat, only gone up £4 this year we also have the car insured with them. Bill said he is going to continue with them as we have been very happy with the service but he will be phoning about the increase

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back