Safeguard Insurance 25% Discount Code Until 30th April 2015

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by Wombles, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Code NEC14 gives 25% discount off motorhome & caravan insurance policies from Safeguard if you are a new customer & call 08009951415. Have posted this on another thread http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/safeguard.94507/ but as it is valid until next April thought it a good idea to add this as a seperate thread so anyone searching for info. on the web (might bring in some new Funsters too!) could possibly benefit from the discount. Have read good & bad on forums about Safeguard so not endorsing them but may be handy for some if this is who you choose having compared all the options. We are currently with Caravanguard but will shop around for best cover & price at renewal.

• Like Like x 1
  2. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

P1sses me off when firms dangle carrots for new customers when existing ones get jack sh1t. :mad:
    Internet Providers are particularly guilty of this underhand trick. :mad:
    Existing customers are captive and therefore more likely to renew/resubscribe since many see looking for alternatives as a hassle.
    New customers are lured in with the bait.:mad:
    Perhaps I should get Lynda to renew our MH insurance with Safeguard next month- bet the buggers would crib at that as she's already covered to drive under my policy.o_O

• Like Like x 2
  3. BreweryDave

BreweryDave Funster Life Member

I'm always sceptical about these 'discounts'.
    Try this - call them and get a price without mentioning any discount code. Then when you get a price - tell them the code.
    What's the betting they won't knock 25% of what they quoted you:mad:

I'd love to be proved wrong though(y)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Do agree with the BreweryDave - normally do an online/phone quote first then mention the discount code. Please let us know your experiences.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

Don't think you will be :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. peterpan44

peterpan44

Does anyone have a current discount code as we plan to buy and insure a motorhome tomorrow?

7. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

A Pet hate of mine also...We long term members are subsidising this, and paying loaded premiums as a result...God! they make it sound like its out of the kindness of their hearts:cautious:!

8. jac-in-a-box

jac-in-a-box Read Only Funster

Just had a chatter to Safeguard - bit of an eye opener.

Wanted to insure a Smart car and the m'home all under one company. Had to speak to two seperate departments...Smart insurance, dropped by £100 when I told them it was too much, good price in the end.

Same story with the motorhome crew too...dropped it by £130 after getting the "too much" response from me. Why the couldn't give the best price in the first instance just strikes me as chancing it.

Still won't cover the Smartie for anything else other than 3rd party when being towed, not a lot of use to me.
    Just hoping that NFU, who will insure the Smartie when being dragged around, will be as good

9. etap

etap Funster

My understanding of the way in which these Insurance companies work is this- the boss goes into the telephone sales department and says " ok you can give an extra 30 per cent off six premiums each today as we need x amount of cash in this week"
    Just an example in numbers but I have heard this is how things work. So the discounts you get are not always available.
    Etap