Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Anyone on here use safefill gas bottles?

Can see advantages with them, not least that you can see the gas :thumb: Can you connect to a gaslow type filling system?

Bottles look to be a similar price. Advice please.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Safefill bottles have (as far as I am aware) to be filled independently, not through a filler on the side of the van.

The other thing to check is the bottle size. Safefill are larger than other equivalents so may not fit in the locker.

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
Think you will find that filling them may be a problem. Information on a previous post, if you do a search for it. The overall consensus was a no if i remember correctly.

Just go for a gasit system (same as gaslow just different colour bottle and a lot cheaper).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
I've had one for a couple of years and have found it ok, filling it can be a bit awkward in the locker and when abroad find that when using the fill adaptor it does tend to leak abit round the sealing washer. Tends to be a bit of a bind having to keep taking the supply hose off the cylinder to fill and would say that in hindsight i would go down the Gaslow or Gasit path if i was to do it again. PS never had a problem filling at any place here or abroad YET!!!!! :Smile:

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
We bought a safefill bottle for our last van, and overall it was better than the standard exchange bottles. As mentioned above, filling it is not quite as straightforward as you might think, but understand that the part you fit the hose to has been elongated a bit, making it easier. As Graham says, it was a tight fit in the locker too. Good to be able to see how much gas you have though, and of course you benefit from the economy of LPG. Never had any problems being allowed to fill it at petrol stations.

Sorry, don't know if the bottle can connect to an external filler. I suspect not.

We now have Gaslow, which came with our current van, and I agree it is easier to use. However it would have cost us quite a bit more than the Safefill bottle at the time.

Steve :Smile:

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I have two safefill cylinders and got told no! you cant fill them. Big sign NO CYCLINDERS TO BE FILLED. So now fill them at a 24hr self-service outlet that is unmanned. but still BIG SIGN. So a good idea but at the moment a bit of a waste of money.
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Had two,no problem taking off the pipe to fill,just filled up the empty one,as i had already switched bottles ? :Doh:. Ours were the Red ones,put them on the internet about 22.20 hrs,got a phone call next morning at 09.15 hrs,they left the yard at 11.00 hrs,i could have sold them all day.
While in France,no problem filling them,new M/h. has under slung tank as standard. One plus is,you can take the empty cylinder when home to your local cylinder filler upper,in the back of your car while out shopping/visiting etc.
If they rock your boat..... Get 'em bought.
Tea Bag:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Gasit

Hi i am in the same situation in Portugal at the moment running on calor, when i get back going to look into gasit or some other system,
if you chaps that have fitted gas systems with hindsight, what system would you now fit if you had it to do again and why.

Laurie ash.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OP
OP
Biged

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Had Gaslow system in the locker A/Sleeper,underlung tank on the timberland,then Safefill when we went back c/vanning,all ok,but,the new motor has u/slung tank with readout in cab,filler on the side,to me the best way.
There is a company in Thirsk,"Alu-gas 2000 ??",that appear to be very competitive,i know they are helpful,as they were going to fit their system to a new A/s Broadway we had bought,but Marquis said it would invalidate the warranty........ Fitted as standard now ?????
Just my slant on the gas systems,all ok,but in the end it's whatever suit/fits you and the van.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
Biged

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp