Safefill Gas Bottle

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Red Dragon, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Funster

Saw this at the Newark show http://www.safefill.co.uk/safety.html
    Has anybody purchased one? and what do they think of the concept?
    I Emailed the company and asked about Continental adaptors for France Germany etc,they said they had an adaptor for France and Italy and would be showing more at the N.E.C. all in all a lot cheaper system than Gaslow.
    Steve.

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

A great long awaited concept
    But
    What do they say about the general Blanket fourcourt ban on filling stand alone bottles:Eeek:

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

With no remote filling point, you either fill within the locker, which is not only dangerous but difficult ... or lift it onto the forecourt... then we have this issue>>>

Not for me, I would much prefer a fixed tank or a Gaslow system..

4. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Funster

A very good point Geo,the people at the show said that they have been designed to fill in the same principle as an LPG tank with an equalising valve which has a non return shut-off which automatically actuates once the bottle has been filled to 80% capacity and when the filling gun is removed no gas can escape.
    Might be worthy of another email to ask about the forecourt legalities though!!
    Steve.

5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I was also interested when I saw them at Peterborough this year. Apart from the filling aspect there was another factor which put me off - they (like the Alugas cylinders) are larger than standard Calor cylinders.

Our gas locker is sized for two 6kg Calor cylinders and it's a fairly snug fit. The Safefill cylinders have a diameter of 307mm (51mm more than Calor) so I simply couldn't fit two of them in.

• Like Like x 1