Safe on the Motorhome roof ? ?

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by stormdog, Oct 31, 2010.

1. stormdog

stormdog Read Only Funster

Im just wondering as i look down onto my MH roof is it safe to walk along it ? Theres some greeness developed from standing water i presume so i guess i got to get up and remove it asap. I have a roof rack where my topbox and spare wheel are on so i can get onto part of it but just am i safe to inch along towards the luton. Fyi i have an Autohomes Wanderer .

cheers :thumb:

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

avoid getting too close to any roof openings...vents etc....and of course the luton, and you should be ok.

i wandered around the kontiki roof from time to time and i weigh the best part of 110kg.

3. robnchris

robnchris Funster

Just a thought but why do you need to get on the roof to clean it, I use a sponge mop with a long handle reaches the whole roof no worries.

4. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

One of the members on here I remember reading about liked the roof so much he stayed up there for ages till his wife came home:Rofl1:

5. Mandaxxx

Mandaxxx Read Only Funster

Be very careful up there-we had a dome fitted (I'm not saying it was their fault) but after all the moving around up theer we had a skylight leak-it soaked the cushions inside twice before we realised!!!:Eeek:
    We had to remove the whole thing clean it all up then refit with new sealant, it's ok now:thumb:

6. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Does pay to re-seal these on a regular basis, so if you have had your van a few years, pop up and have a look. See if there is cracking etc and replace with new sealer - nice easy job and saves wet corners later!:thumb: