Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
My wife , bless her , can't read a map, not a hope and as far as directions when maneuvering I think she would watch me back over a cliff then scream :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
With mirrors and camera no problem :thumb: SO FAR :RollEyes:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Go on, admit it , does your partner or wife run around your motorhome , waving her arms when manoeuvering on site. Can you manage without her help :RollEyes:
with reverse camera and good mirrors never had a problem with my RV
just drive slow and take my time when on site
:thumb::thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
My first wife`s imprint is still on the wall,,, bless her...:Sad:

My second wife... That was just awful, I cant bring myself to tell...:Sad:

My third wife they never found, fancy standing behind when I`m trying to turn with a brick wall in front and a 1000 ft drop into a ravine behind me... :Sad:

My fourth wife..... Time and time again I told her if the cat goes under the RV when i`m reversing to leave the bloody thing there.. :Sad:

This one does as she is told, Stands and smiles at me in the mirrors... :RollEyes::winky::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
He always asks me to guide him in to parking spots.

Then ........ doesn't wait to let me out of the cab door.

Then.... Even tho I worked for Nissan and parked cars on the ferries for a short time .... so I KNOW how to give clear hand signals. He totally ignores me. So I'm left standing in the cold and/or rain and fuming.

He always expects me to drive onto the ramps tho' I hate that job. Just as bad as reversing up the loading ramp onto the ferries from the dockside in a brand new Navarro and me only 4ft 10!

June

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
As a soloist I do it all in the mirrors. No fancy reversing cameras or sensors.
Even on my 8.5Mtr Eura I did it all with mirrors.

The only thing that amuses me is when people think they are being helpful trying to guide me. They usually stand at the front where I can't see them (I am looking in the mirrors) Or they stand on the drivers side when I am using the passenger side mirror.....:Doh:

I have got to admit I did come a cropper after Cheyne fitted all the racking to the back of my van. I forgot it was there and parked up to a wall.
Got out to switch the gas on and found I was within inches of the wall not the 3 foot I expected.:Angry::Blush:

HGV training courses are worth their weight in gold just for the reversing training alone.:Cool: I have a post 97 license so had to take my C1 to be able to drive. Best money I have spent since starting this 'hobby'

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Navigation is my department on our outings. When I'm driving I have to navigate as well as Tom usually goes to sleep! (well so he says and he does snore!)

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Seen some cracking displays on sites...luckily we can both park up without assistance, so we don't pass that amusement on to others!

mikkidee

Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
Go on, admit it , does your partner or wife run around your motorhome , waving her arms when manoeuvering on site. Can you manage without her help :RollEyes:

Mine makes some sort of primate noise. something like, Ooo, Ooo Ooo!! and then grabs hold of the dashboard:ROFLMAO:.Weird
Mike:Smile:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Upset Mrs. k one day. After all of the "watch out for the bike", "there's a child on the side of the road", "roundabout ahead" stuff, I said to her, "do you want to sit in your seat and drive or my seat and steer ?"

An hour can seem like a long time when there is just the two of you, and one isn't speaking !

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
We used to do the waving arms out of sight thing which sometimes resulted in cross words. Solved it with a couple of walkie talkies which are brilliant when used in conjunction with the reversing camera and mirrors.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back