Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Just back from our first weekend away in Rosie, a very nice site at Rosedale Abbey. We had a wonderful time, everything seemed to work as it should, and we are very pleased with our new motorhome. :Smile:

Inevitably, however, there were a number of issues - I've emailed the previous owner and hopefully he will clear up most of the questions. One question I'd like some advice on though from you lot, as follows: -

We had a trial set up of the safari room which came with the van. The side panel (parallel with the side of the van) has a "bead" along the top edge which slides into a groove on the Fiama awning rail. This was very stiff, and took a lot of tugging (and swearing) to get into place. Clearly some form of lubrication would help immensely, but I'm not at all sure what to use? Any ideas?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
You can use a furniture polish that is silicon based not oil based we used this when we had caravan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

GeraldandAnnie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
We have an awning tent which operates on the same principle. We've not used lubrication :Blush: but one of us tugs whilst the other feeds, which works much better.

Gerald

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back