Free Member
Jul 7, 2012
Solihull
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
6 years
We have booked to stay at Longleat and wondered whether anyone has ever done the safari trail in a motorhome. We don't really know whether to risk it or not.
The thing is my son is an amateur photographer and wants to be able to move from one side of the vehicle to the other to get his best photos, we wouldn't be able to do that in their safari bus!
Of course the other option is to try and hire a car while we are there!
What do you all think, has anyone tried it?
John

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
Africa

We drove from Cape Town up to the Kalahari on through Namibia and up to the Etosha game reserve on the borders of Angola and back again in a hired motorhome looking at wildlife all the way. Can't see there would be a problem in Longleat !:roflmto:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Not done Longleat but a couple of others with a motorhome.. no problems..

just don't stop if there are monkeys about.. they climb all over and try to rip wiper blades off.. so .. anything external will be a target.. :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
The little buggers had fun peeling up the rubber roof trim on my Espace a few years ago, I never have been able to get it to stay down. :Blush:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
too many expensive but flimsy things on a motorhome to pass through the monkey enclosure unscathed. I have seen them open a top box on a car and scatter the contents, as well as the usual ripping off wipers and aerials. Gets expensive

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funnyfarm

funnyfarm

Free Member
Jul 7, 2012
Solihull
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
6 years
So the consensus is, if we bypass the monkey enclosure we should be ok! I don't want to be a lions breakfast. Lol.
Pam

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back