Sad Motorhome

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Big bus man, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Big bus man

Big bus man

Not far from where I live there is a P registration Fiat based coachbuilt, it has been in the same place and never moved for over 10 years. It is not a bad looking van and obviously looked after to some degree as it is road legal, once a year it might get light wash probably for the MOT. One day talking to a guy who knew the owner he said it was an elderly friend but can't us it but has to keep it on the road thus MOT etc. I can't see the point in keeping myself but that is his choice. Question is would you buy a vehicle like this, I wouldn't, but makes me think this is exactly the type of van that appears on Ebay where you think you are getting a bargain.

2. bartiny

bartiny

Well, I would give it serious consideration, and a very good going over/through, if it checks out ok I would buy it.

(y)

3. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

If the price was right......... Yes... (y)

4. Badknee

Badknee Funster

If it only moves once a year I would be worried about the moving parts only moving once a year. I realise it must get the MOT but still a worry but a DIY 're might get a bargain. (y)
    It will be low mileage for it's year.:LOL:

5. Big bus man

Big bus man

It is a nice looking van, quite a large one, if it was on a dealer forecourt I could imagine is selling for around £16-18,000, seems such a shame it just sits there though.

6. froghopper43

froghopper43

I did just that. A lady had a motorhome. Never used it. Kept it fit and healthy. It is a 1989 Renault traffic. Coach built. 62 k on clock. Has all m o t ,S. And paperwork. In last 7 years has failed on one track rod end and a bit of welding.. Of course have put tyres on. Oil filters etc. I paid £2500.00. Have been around Europeand gGB. Off to Belgiumand hHollandover xXmas /new year..

• Like Like x 3