Sad day for Mrs B and myself

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Builder147, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Builder147

Builder147 Funster

First of all I just want to say high to everyone, I have been browsing this forum for months now and thought it was time to say hello, also just want to say what a great bunch of friendly and helpful lot you all are.:Smile: Mrs B and myself are about to embark on a new adventure in the motorhome world. We haven’t got one yet but we will before April. We had a caravan in the late 80’s when the kids were small but only for a few months, I was terrified of towing it to be honest:Sad: but we did really enjoy it when we were parked up etc and all had a great time:Smile:. So we are really looking forward to our new adventure after a long spell.
    As the title says “sad day for Mrs B and myself” Our Daughter has finished Uni now, done 4 years and came out with hons etc, so very proud parents as some of you are as well I expect. Anyway she has landed a job up in Bradford!!and we are going to move her into her new flat this weekend, We are in Devon :Eeek: so we have a great journey tomorrow and yea I have seen the forcast!!:help::help:.
    Mrs B and myself are dreading it as it means basically she is leaving home for good :cry:, but will be home now and again when she gets the chance :BigGrin:. so we will be adding to the floods etc with a few tears I reckon . She will do fine as she has a good head on her shoulders.

Builder.

• Like Like x 27
  2. simbadog

simbadog Funster

Sad Day? We had a big party :Smile:

• Like Like x 7
  3. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I dread that day happening.

Time for you though to enjoy the van and the rest of your life:thumb:

4. Mastercamper

Mastercamper Read Only Funster

Wish her well from NORTHUMBERLAND.
    Between you and me it`s only when the fledglings have flown, that motorhomes
    really come into their own. I hope you really do enjoy your new adventures.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

Did i miss the sad bit ? :Rofl1:

Just kidding. Hope tomorrow goes well, and be careful with the weather being forecast as rubbish (again) :thumb:

6. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

I know it's daunting, we've been there too, as have lots on here. However, it will all work out, I can remember crying the whole way back home after leaving our daughter in our flat in Glasgow for the first time when she was finishing uni:cry:

6 years on and both son and daughter are doing really well, after finishing uni and getting their degrees. Son is married and living near Edinburgh, daughter is living in Glasgow, but commutes to Edinburgh on a daily basis for her job. I still worry about her travelling on a daily basis by train.

But funny thing is now, the tables have turned and our son worries a bit more about us now:Laughing:
    At least your daughter has managed to secure a job, although she's further away than you would have like, she will always have you both at the end of the phone and vice versa:thumb:

Enjoy your van when you get it in April.

Margaret:Smile:

7. smithy184

smithy184 Funster

Be positive

:BigGrin: Hi, yes they are sad times but we got through two girls going off in similar circumstances by looking at the fact that its their life and they need to experience everything in their own space and own style. Just like we do now their gone!

8. tofo

tofo Funster

Don't worry couple of months she'll be on the tap again

You will get used to the peace and quiet in no time

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

9. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

I know that feeling, two times over. Both went away to college and never came home again. And it gets worse, now with grandchildren it's an expensive pain in the bum to see them.

But, that's life, you just have to live with it and tomorrow we set off to visit them this weekend.

10. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Yes it will be weird having moved your daughter out, but you should be so very proud of her.

She is only a telephone call away and I am sure you will see her regularly.

Good luck with your new life - yes you both get to have fun together again - like you did when you were courting perhaps????

Go find the motorhome of you choice and live life to the full xxxxxxxxxx

• Like Like x 1
  11. billy

billy Read Only Funster

She will be ok my sister in law has lived in Bradford on her own for 30 years since leaving uni.:thumb:
    She teaches at a school there but is looking to retire later this year lucky bu@@er:Rofl1:

12. lorger

lorger Funster

So is the house going up for sale on Monday and dont tell the daughter where you've moved to:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Only joking my daughter is hoping to go to uni next year when she finishes school and although i always joke to her the sooner the better i will miss her, cant tell her that though spoil my big macho image :Rofl1::Rofl1:

good luck with the move and the motorhome hunting

• Like Like x 2
  13. Builder147

Builder147 Funster

Thank you for all your kind comments :Smile:, just finished loading the cars etc, all off to the land of nod soon.
    We have loads of q's for the forum and will ask later:Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  14. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

i couldnt wait to get the house to ourselves.........

Dont need to close the bathroom door, never mind lock it, when having a shower

Dont have to fight for the kettle or toaster at breakfast

No more 'pappajohns taxi service'

No more going to the cupboard for my special treat only to find it gone.

No more finding the washing machine full of wet clothes

No more unexpected late night parties after the night clubs close.

No more 'can i borrow twenty quid'

No more hair dye stains in the bathroom basin

Best bit is, one lives in York, one in Newcastle, ones a recluse and the other is married and lives 7 miles away so we rarely get unannounced visits.

Sheer bliss !!!

• Like Like x 5
  15. big bertha

big bertha Funster

Been through it with eldest daughter but she was on a piece of elastic and kept coming back when the money ran out so we decided to buy a flat and stick her in it for minimal rent.:thumb:
    Our youngest and her boyfriend are hoping to finalise a flat with the help to buy scheme this weekend so by March we might be on our own.:cry:

16. Granjan

Granjan Funster

Good luck to you all ...... Scary these times of change.......but independence is good in the long run...... Independence for you that is!

Nearly a year since our son left home, but seeing our new grandson most days now... When we are home! Some nice spots to park your motorhome around here when you get one.:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mousy

Mousy Funster Life Member

Your daughter is lucky to have 2 parents who love and cherish her, she will be fine in life because she has you both behind her.

Letting go....hardest part of being a parent but the most rewarding because you've done your job well, give yourselves a pat on the back and buy a motorhome magazine for the way home xx

[​IMG]

This is one of our daughters currently at sea... Somewhere!

• Like Like x 6
  18. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Bradford! Bradford!

Yes its a long way from Devon and the culture shock you will go through when you get there may shock you but, like everywhere in "The Broad Acres" she will be met with friendliness, kindness and good humour.

After a while, it will seem the most natural thing in the world for her to live there.

We have one daughter in Brunei (Borneo) and a son in New Zealand. Now they're journeys that are mind numbing but have to be done.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Our Daughter went to Uni, got her degree in English than went back and got her Masters in Law.
    She's sitting next to me on the sofa! I don't think we'll ever [STRIKE]get rid[/STRIKE] help move her into her own home!

Allan

20. tony_g

tony_g Funster

I think that the best result any parent can hope for is that their children become independent enough not to need them but caring enough to want to see them occasionally... providing they book in sufficiently in advance to find out when you'll be in the country!
    :BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin:

• Like Like x 2