sack back and crack wax in Benidorm? (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
A good handful of "deep heat" around the region in question and you'll forget cycling for ever

I once rubbed a load of deep heat into my inner thigh after a muscle injury playing rugby just before I went to bed.
As I slept naked it was quite painful ro roll over and get a load of it on thd end of my privates, now that really is painful, nearly took a scrubbing brush to it.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
do you know what the diversity of subject matter on here never ceases to amaze me:LOL::LOL:
Brian & Jo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sorry to be serious.:)
Get yourself a custom made saddle, they take a mould of you bum and make the saddle to suit.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I've tried to be positive about this, I have heard that Sticky Vicky does a good line in a Razor a Blades and could be able to help you, she should be able to give you some advice on keeping your nether regions cool? (y)

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Buy a recumbent cycle, sit in comfort, cycle all day, no sore bum or shoulders - problem solved! Even better, a recumbent trike which I rode for many thousands of miles in comfort cycling once from Edinburgh to Dorchester with all my stuff with me. Happy days before b******d knees!

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Fit sharp spike on your saddle you won't want to sit down ....though if you do you'll tend to go faster
Simples :D

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I once rubbed a load of deep heat into my inner thigh after a muscle injury playing rugby just before I went to bed.
As I slept naked it was quite painful ro roll over and get a load of it on thd end of my privates, now that really is painful, nearly took a scrubbing brush to it.

You are not alone, also been there, done that. Although mine was more scrotal discomfort IIRC. Not nice...

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
A good old Brooks leather saddle with Titanium rails if you want to keep the weight down. Padded cycle short and Vaseline or proprietary chamois cream.

Just an opinion formed over the past 30 years, my Brooks saddle is 26 years old and is about broken in, or is it me that a our broken in not sure.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
dropped Mrs mental at airport this morning..... Yipee!! ( thank God! she dont read this stuff or my life would not be worth living:()

just a gentle cycle down to supermarket..think it will be a few days before I start ridding properly again..the cream def helps, going to go to bike shop and get the proper stuff though

AdiĂłs Amigos

P.S. Kerry, I found Hymer Mick. hiding away on upper tier (snob) have meet him before, he is a repeat offender on AB :)

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
@Judgemental How far are you cycling before the pain starts?

those among us of a sensitive disposition switch channels now :)

about 20 miles. its not pain so much , although it is a new bike and saddle. but the hair that irritates, catches and rubs:censored:

this concern for my neither regions is touching, but the cream looks like being the answer as the full on remedy out of the question! not that it was ever a serious consideration:LOL:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
those among us of a sensitive disposition switch channels now :)

about 20 miles. its not pain so much , although it is a new bike and saddle. but the hair that irritates, catches and rubs:censored:

this concern for my neither regions is touching, but the cream looks like being the answer as the full on remedy out of the question! not that it was ever a serious consideration:LOL:

This may help. It won't remove your bum bush but will reduce the friction ....

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/fitness/training/chamois-cream-explained-139014

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
This may help. It won't remove your bum bush but will reduce the friction ....

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/fitness/training/chamois-cream-explained-139014

blimey.....
"According to legend, racers in the days before chamois would use steak to help prevent sores, then eat it that night after it had been tenderised during the ride."

A step to far me thinks...mind you have a lovely big slice of steak in fridge for tomorrow

thanks Matty, will try bike shop for the cream....(y)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
blimey.....
"According to legend, racers in the days before chamois would use steak to help prevent sores, then eat it that night after it had been tenderised during the ride."

A step to far me thinks...mind you have a lovely big slice of steak in fridge for tomorrow

thanks Matty, will try bike shop for the cream....(y)

Not my idea of how to tenderise a steak either. Re chamois cream, remember, no double dipping! It isn't as cheap as you might hope, around ÂŁ10+ but recommended by friends that have issues similar to yours.

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Get a saddle like mine, no padding or sponge to cause chafing. These are just carbon and you sit on your sit bones, good pair of cycling shorts and on a long trip, plenty of chamois cream,,,,, NO PANTS OR BOXERS though.
(y)

Go them on both baby's.

Some say they look like 'items of torture' but they really are comfortable.

Regards,

Trikeman.;)

Last edited:

The Bogtrotter

Free Member
Oct 12, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
Bit expensive but you cannot beat Brookes saddles by far the most comfortable. My B17 has been with me years just moves from bike to bike.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Get a saddle like mine, no padding or sponge to cause chafing. These are just carbon and you sit on your sit bones, good pair of cycling shorts and on a long trip, plenty of chamois cream,,,,, NO PANTS OR BOXERS though.
(y)

Go them on both baby's.

Some say they look like 'items of torture' but they really are comfortable.

Regards,

Trikeman.;)

WOW! nice......my wife after a new road bike..I wont be showing her these as they look expensive?

learnt the no knickers with cycling shorts a while ago but worth reminding peoples :)

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Best thread in ages!!!:rofl:

Now we know why cyclists wiggle their bums from side to side whilst pedalling uphill.(y)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
dropped Mrs mental at airport this morning..... Yipee!! ( thank God! she dont read this stuff or my life would not be worth living:()

just a gentle cycle down to supermarket..think it will be a few days before I start ridding properly again..the cream def helps, going to go to bike shop and get the proper stuff though

AdiĂłs Amigos

P.S. Kerry, I found Hymer Mick. hiding away on upper tier (snob) have meet him before, he is a repeat offender on AB :)
Oh dear was it wrong of me to copy and paste this post in to my blog which your missus happens to be currently reading:doh::rofl::rofl::rofl: p.s if you are heading our way again let us know so we can pour you a glass of red to take your mind off your sore bits!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back