Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, does anyone know of any good spots to park up around the Rye/Camber area?

Rob

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I don't know the area that well but I think there are loads of spots towards Winchelsea beach ( I think that's what it is called)

There is a long sea wall with parking in several places that I have seen.

Last edited:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Watch out for the shingle in some of the car parks just back of the beach - we've got stuck in it before now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

oldmanriver

Free Member
May 24, 2013
gillingham kent
Funster No
MH
autotrail comanche
Exp
im a newbie
winchelsea beach is a nice area,nice camp sites and some large car parks,park resorts at camber is a dump and car parks have height barriers, between Dungeness and new Romney some car parks that you can stay overnight as nobody comes round,New Romney caravan park opend a touring site last weekend, small club house, good meals and across the road from the beach, we were the first motorhome on there last weekend,would go back

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
not been there for 13 years but there was a layby at Jurys Gap(Lydd side of Camber) that folk used to park in all night for fishing. :Smile:

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Wondered if anybody had some recent experiences at Camber as I suspect most carparks have height restrictions, probably going to overnight at Dungerness but would like to park for the day on Sunday, I understand it's Summer and probably the only day we will get ;-)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Wondered if anybody had some recent experiences at Camber as I suspect most carparks have height restrictions, probably going to overnight at Dungerness but would like to park for the day on Sunday, I understand it's Summer and probably the only day we will get ;-)
As you exit New Romney , turn right down Grand Parade which leads you on to coast drive on way to Dungeness, there are two beach side car parks on the left. First is p& d with no height barriers & if you continue on the second on the left also has brick built toilets open
24/7 , no barrier & is free. It is opposite the sign for 'Lade Pits'/Lade stores/ Varne fish shop all of which are in Taylor road. It can get busy in this one as Kite surfers use it .
AT Dungeness there are a couple of nice " Airstream" caravans on the left before you get to the lighthouses.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back