RV's are they worth it (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
All our tanks are in the double floor, which is heated, and the tanks have heaters. I suspect the the winters in the USA are much harsher the mainland Europe.

As with European motorhomes, quality levels vary. There are few European motorhomes with ceramic tiled floors, hand made hardwood cabin ages and doors, ceramic jacuzzi, WC and baths

It's too wide a field to make generalisations I belive

Eddie

Plenty of minus 20s in France...BUSBY

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Plenty of minus 20s in France...BUSBY
Lol that would be considered warn in some States -60 degrees Celsius :eek:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._state_temperature_extremes Loads of States are minus 40, 50 even minus 60 Celsius

We have spent Christmas in a previous RV in minus 18 degrees in the Alps and loved it.

I would never tell anyone to by a yank, or not to, likewise I would never tell any one to by a European van.

I guess it's a bit like hearing someone with a Romahome, talking to someone without a Motorhome, but curious " Oh you don't want to get that Hymer/Rapido/Burstener/Swift/AutoTrail Et Al their too big to go anywhere, and my Romahome is a one piece fibreglass monocoque construction so much better!

You couldn't help point out that it's a sweeping generalisation and may be a tad inaccurate.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
realy comparing rvs with most european motorhomes is like comparing a mansion with a terraced house
pound for pound rvs are much better value compared to a similar sized euro van personally i wouldnt want one but then i wouldnt want a large euro van either

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back