RVOC wassup

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by IanH, Mar 1, 2011.

1. IanH

IanH Read Only Funster

I can get onto the site super quick but unable to read any threads,
    it's taking forever to open a thread i give up.

Is it just me or is anyone else having problems

MHF is no problems

Ian

2. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

We were having issues up to Monday lunch time

We were having issues getting on or stayingon the RVOC up to Monday lunch time .. Had to keep logging in.. But it seems ok now, but it is still slow compared to a week ago..

Bob:thumb:

3. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

We did have problems-----but all seems well now:BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
    Nigel & Pamala

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

no problems today .. pages loading super fast .. :thumb:

and that's unusual for my wet string broadband

5. IanH

IanH Read Only Funster

I had hit or miss service on the dongle whilst at Itchyfeet over the past 2 months but today was no go on RVOC
    We are back in our static now (site reopened) with good coverage but still the same

Ian

6. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

No problems for me :thumb:

7. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

We're fine too?

8. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

since the site changed servers a number of people have had problems. You need to clean your computer goto:-
    tools
    internet options
    delete browsing history.
    that should clear everything up.

9. IanH

IanH Read Only Funster

Tried that still the same
    iv'e tried enough today time to call it quits and hope for better things tomorrow

Ian

10. slobadoberbob

I still have problems on both sites

I still have problems on both sites. This morning I had to re enter my log in name and password despite ticking the remember me box. On RVOC I am having issues now that posts are appearing twice.. very annoying. Also very slow. I use a normal laptop with a direct connection to my ADSL line also a IPAD via wifi... I can get on to anywhere normally and reasonably fast.. but since Sunday it has been hit and miss on both sites.

Personally I do not care about those that do not have the problem and post ...sitting there like the cat that has the cream.. Jim should be worried about those that are having problems. I certainly am not an idiot with computers and it is very annoying when you want to use a site after it has been messed about with and you spend hours of time and it does not work as it should.

Bob:Angry:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  11. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi Bob ..

I appreciate and sympathise with your issue but it's important for Jim to know if the problem is only affecting a few or many .. so hence my post saying I had no issues.

I have been using both sites on three different machines, two Windoze and one Mac and also a Blackberry Curve and have had no problems.. haven't flushed DNS or dumped cookies .. after the changeover everything just carried on as normal,

This may not help you directly but it will help Jim to establish whether it is an issue with the server or not.

Jim

12. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I am sorry if you are having problems, I am almost sure that this is down to local issues as the RVOC is as busy as ever. I can log in as admin and as a regular memebr in three diferent bbrowsers, but I will still investigate please send me details of exactly what is happening.

Double posting is almost always down to slow connections, the submit button being pressed twice, the command stored and as soon as the browser finds the bandwidth it posts.

13. IanH

IanH Read Only Funster

Fun is no problem for me at this time
    RVOC is just the same today ,able to get onto the forum no probs but still unable to read threads

My PC skills are limited thats why i struggle ,i will just have to wait until something happens or not

Ian

14. Jim

Jim Ringleader

What hapens when you try to read a thread?

15. IanH

IanH Read Only Funster

Hi Jim

When i try to read a thread the bar on the bottom of the screen the green bit goes half way then stops and just stays there

Just tried it and it says waiting for http://www.rvoc.co.uk/forum/rv-general-chat/3250-windscreen-stickers.html....

sorry i haven't used the correct terminoligy like i say my PC skills are limited
    If its down to my end i will have to wait untill we get steam up again:Rofl1:

Ian

16. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Sounds like you have some corruption in your browser cache. try downloading this browser Chrome and see if you can read threads. It will only take a few minutes to download and run and I am betting that you will be able to access the site with it without any problems. :thumb:

17. slobadoberbob

Thanks Jim

I have purged the cache on the windows XP system and also followed the instructions via google to get the system to up date.. Did it a couple of times in fact over two days. I am writing this on my iPad which is wifi at the moment and also cleared the cache on that.

Despite have ticket the box to save my log on details ...remember me...i get one in say 4 log on require me to enter it again... The double posts is only on RVOC and I accept what you say may be the reason.. But Jim it is real slow loading regardless if I am direct connected to the DSL on the windows machine or the Apple IPad, or the Apple iPhone4 .. Speed is ok on the MHF site. The iPad is being used in different location to the main computer.

Thanks

Bob:Eeek:

18. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Sorry you are having problems Bob, I just tested the RVOC the real world speed of the forum is very fast.

The speed coupled with your login problems is indicative of a corrupt cache and or cookie in your browser. make sure when you clear these things you have no web pages still open. Or better still use a different Browser, try Chrome if you have not already.

19. IanH

IanH Read Only Funster

Got on in the end using Chrome