LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi all

i know this is the wrong forum but i also know all who are going read this forum daily / weekly.

We were getting worried that the trip may not go ahead or be scaled down due to lack of numbers as quite a few have dropped out for one reason or another.

Despite the e-mail from desert detours last week i decided to phone ray myself today on hearing of another unfortunate drop out.

Good news is the tour is on and tour will not be scaled down in any way, infact debbie ray's wife will be joining us as they intend to have a holiday together as well.

Ray has assured me that the shortage of numbers will have no adverse effect on the trip and infact it may even enhance it.

If any one would like to join us it's still not too late although you'll have to be quick i've attached a link Link Removed

I hope this puts everyone’s mind at rest.
Apologies for appearing to take charge but i thought the info would help.

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
HI ALL

I KNOW THIS IS THE WRONG FORUM BUT I ALSO KNOW ALL WHO ARE GOING READ THIS FORUM DAILY / WEEKLY.

WE WERE GETTING WORRIED THAT THE TRIP MAY NOT GO AHEAD OR BE SCALED DOWN DUE TO LACK OF NUMBERS AS QUITE A FEW HAVE DROPPED OUT FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER.

DESPITE THE E-MAIL FROM DESERT DETOURS LAST WEEK I DECIDED TO PHONE RAY MYSELF TODAY ON HEARING OF ANOTHER UNFORTUNATE DROP OUT.

GOOD NEWS IS THE TOUR IS ON AND TOUR WILL NOT BE SCALED DOWN IN ANY WAY, INFACT DEBBIE RAY'S WIFE WILL BE JOINING US AS THEY INTEND TO HAVE A HOLIDAY TOGETHER AS WELL.

RAY HAS ASSURED ME THAT THE SHORTAGE OF NUMBERS WILL HAVE NO ADVERSE EFFECT ON THE TRIP AND INFACT IT MAY EVEN ENHANCE IT.

IF ANY ONE WOULD LIKE TO JOIN US IT'S STILL NOT TOO LATE ALTHOUGH YOU'LL HAVE TO BE QUICK I'VE ATTACHED A LINK Link Removed

I HOPE THIS PUTS EVERYONES MIND AT REST.
APOLOGIES FOR APPEARING TO TAKE CHARGE BUT I THOUGHT THE INFO WOULD HELP.

Hi Rory,
I'm delighted to hear it's still going ahead. Barbara and I were one of the first to drop out about 3 months ago. Our daughters wedding plans made it impossible for us to fit a month tour in as well. Sadly, her fiancee has recently been diagnosed with cancer so the wedding has had to be postponed. The airline won't cancel our tickets so it looks as though we'll be having a holiday anyway:roflmto:
We'd still like to go to Morocco and may book up for a tour next year.
Have a great trip

Regards
Doug

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Doug

Thanks for that.

So sorry to hear about your son in law hope he gets better soon.

Best Wishes from us both.

Rory & Jan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Ror I have spoken to all couples to day concerned and it's all systems go for the remaining travelers, The Fab Four On Tour has a ring to it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:
Geo

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Hi Rory,
I'm delighted to hear it's still going ahead. Barbara and I were one of the first to drop out about 3 months ago. Our daughters wedding plans made it impossible for us to fit a month tour in as well. Sadly, her fiancee has recently been diagnosed with cancer so the wedding has had to be postponed. The airline won't cancel our tickets so it looks as though we'll be having a holiday anyway:roflmto:
We'd still like to go to Morocco and may book up for a tour next year.
Have a great trip

Regards
Doug
Hi Doug and Barbara
So sorry to hear the news about your daughters fiancee, hope that he recovers and we wish him well, enjoy your holiday I am sure that your daughter will be pleased that you will be there at this difficult time for you all.

kind regards, ruth & Tony

To get back on topic how many are now going to Morocco? Yiu will still have a great time I am sure:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
:winky::winky:Welll I am dead jealous that I am not going. Im sure you will all have a very good time and enjoy yourselves immensly. Having already been to Morroco for a day this year Im sure you will have a fantastic trip. We will have to wait untill there is a trip in the summer holidays or some point during the school holidays.

We really would love to go. So have fun and enjoy yourselves, :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
Cheers Ror [forestboy] for posting this topic................

We are now into over 25years of leading tours to Morocco, and beyond, and have NEVER dropped a tour due to lack of numbers. So there was never any question that the RVF tour would not go ahead........

It is normal to get "drop-outs" on Motorhome tours [unlike our 4x4, bike tours and survival courses etc].........I think Mhome tours have an "Older" age group and illness ....... even unfortunately death!!! etc plays a large part......Our own tours are more often than not full...this tour was a RVF event, so logistics were out of our hands to a large extent :RollEyes:

We look forward to every tour and yes, smaller group, "Great"......Debbie is also coming along :cry:.......she thinks smaller numbers will make for her a "holiday"......:Eeek:....

So, with the normal 8 Moroccan tour dates running this year and beyond and the launch of the additional and ALL NEW "Discovery" series of Motorhome tours i.e. the “Trans Atlas-Imishil Expedition” the “Draa Valley Safari” and the Plateau du Rekkam Raid”...its all go, go..........GO :thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Guys unfortunately we had to drop out but I hope you all have a fabulous time, I have promised myself we will be going another year, so something to look forward to as I read your posts, green with envy. :cry:

Olley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back