Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
:Eeek:Monday Morning at Costa del CareAvan
Woke bright and early by the 5.50 passenger train (destination unknown)
Quick wash and a cuppa, start clearing van seats and other areas for the promised 7.30 start.
6 am the boss arrives opening up and checking everything with us is ok and we had a good nights kip:thumb:

7.30 Martin arrives and a few bleary eyed employies with that Monday morning look and no doubt feeling,
However upon seeing "Customer present" a cheery good morning was recieved from each one as they made their way in to the workshops.

George the Boss brought over and introduced us to Trevor who was to be main man on our re furb, and at about 7.45 drills and screwdrivers swung into action, After only a few minuets Trevor who looks not a day over 35 and is fast aproaching 50 :Cool:was mildly cursing the yanks way of fixing things,to be honest they did cheat quite a bit and saved a dozen screws over all,Trevor was hoping to remove the pelmet sides followed by the pelmet tops it turns out 3 cleverly placed screws released the tops,side, and blinds all in one go, not what you want when youve youve only one pair of hands and a drill in one of them.
Sending for amate Trevor had the interior removed in about 2.5 hrs normally its an hour and a halfs job at best

His next challenge was the fold out bed settee,i wasn't sure who was winning that battle as Trevor slid out of sight, deep into the mechanism, making noises akin to a woman in labour he emerged triumphant with a beaming smile and with four nuts in his hand,I was wondering if two of them wern't his, given the positions we saw him in:whatthe:

A few minor changes to our original requests were greeted with "No Problem" Just the sort of responce you want to hear from tradesmen working for you.

Pamm'y has now got the hoover into turbo mode getting in all those hard to reach places,whilst trying to convince the CareAvan team all the muck and dust was fromt the previous owners
I dont think their convinced,given that the force 10 gale blowing around us at the mo is causing back draughts down the waste vent pipes causing some rather unpleasent smells in the van:RollEyes:
more to follow
Geo

Last edited:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
care a van

good luck,Geo I had my carpets/vinyl flooring done there back in june good job no probs but I stayed on site also while the guys did the job I just wished somebody would have told me that cadburys chocolate world :Doh:was just a short distance away I saw it as I was driving away from the place I would have loved to visit it as I used to sample the cocoa beans when they were imported from around the world to the docks in Liverpool many years ago .

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Out with the old drab Yankie fabrics

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• IMG_5157 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_5157 (Medium).jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5155 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_5155 (Medium).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5152 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5152 (Medium).JPG
    95 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5151 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_5151 (Medium).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 55

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Is there a need to stay with the van while the refurb is done?

Maybe long way from home?

Make it into a holiday after?

Just like to see the transformation?

As i said before Jim hymers was a really cool update.

Oh and I am just being nosey as usual :Blush::RollEyes::winky:

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
My Space.com::bigsmile:

Attachments

• IMG_5170 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_5170 (Medium).jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5169 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_5169 (Medium).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5171 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_5171 (Medium).jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5172 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_5172 (Medium).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I always thought what a nice touch, that bit of upholstered panel was above the door:Doh:

Do you think the guy who cut the hole out for the door had ever seen one:Doh:

Attachments

• IMG_5174 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_5174 (Medium).jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5173 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5173 (Medium).JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 53

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
If you fancy something to do, ask Paul to show you where the VW camper restoration garage is and go and have a chat with them.

When I was there I popped in for a chat and they were rebuilding some splities with no budget, lovely job... nice chaps too. About 3 doors down I think.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back