RV parking Blackpool

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by Snowbird, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

The hiers to my overdraft have talked me into taking them to see the lights in Blackpool on Saturday.Becouse of numbers of said hiers am taking them in the RV.Am looking for somwhere to park in the Fleetwood area so that we can take a tram through the lights and back.Wont be staying overnight as we will be traveling home same night.Does anyone have any ideas re parking RV up there.

2. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Hi Dave, Can't help personally but if you contact Maggie she might be able to help you because she goes to a site in Blackpool regularly and will know the local roads fit for an RV ...

Hope you all have a wonderful time...

(Might it not be worth you all staying at the site Maggie stays at as it apparently has a swimming pool and is child-orientated)? Sorry! :Smile: Spending your money for you...:RollEyes:

3. alan

alan Funster

Lights

Hi
    You can park on the seafront at Clevelleys and its where a lot of the trams turn around near the Norbreck Hotel
    alan

4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Blackpool Council supplied me with information (including MH specific information) in June. Details (with links to the Council web site) Here.

Graham

5. grumps147

grumps147 Funster

We drove up there about 3 weeks ago.

At several points work is being carried out on the tracks, including the Fleetwood end

You probably need to check if trams are running the full length and if any restrictions apply with Blackpool Council (website??).

6. Terry and Nicola

Terry and Nicola Read Only Funster

parking blackpool

HI Snowbird
    you can still park at seafront at Clevelleys on the prom out side bit but one end is shut of the mo so its one way in and one way out if you did park up pos better turning round in day light , i think trams are still going to this point but not sure about fleetwood :thumb:

7. wasp

wasp Funster

When we were there about 3 weeks ago there were a few parked on a side street just down from the pleasure beach it`s a bit of a walk but if the weather is nice, hey

8. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Snowbird
    As Terry said one entry is blocked to the south prom (cleveleys) at little bispham best way in is to drive passed towards cleveleys then turn left at the garage then left at the prom, the trams are running from squires gate to fleetwood. so have a good visit. Pete :thumb::thumb:

9. olley

olley Funster

10. Terry and Nicola

Terry and Nicola Read Only Funster

Cleveleys

HI
    been on the beach this morning with the dog up at Cleveleys, on the prom 11 vans parked up over night was thinking about doing a night there as well just to get the van out lol :Rofl1:

11. SmellyFeet

SmellyFeet Read Only Funster

Where to stay In Blackpool

Thinking of taking the kids for a couple of days during half term as we are in the area for a family wedding. Anywhere recommended?

Dave

12. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

We are supposed to be going to Blackpool next weekend for a rally meet. I'm not that bothered about going really but the kids want to go to the pleasure beach.

Do you know if its right that you can get a wrist band that lets you in the pleasure beach , but not on the rides , for a fiver?
    We have been told there is.

I think we will keep an eye on the forcast, let that decide where we go. I'd rather be in a dull miserable Whitby than Blackpool personally.

13. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

yes.. you can buy on line .. look for pleasure beach pass
    Pleasure beach info