ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi I have heard that someone has rolled a Monaco Diplomat (about 13 tons gross weight)in this country and the insurance company will not pay out because the driver did not have an LGV licence.

Anyone know if this is true at all?

Regards Pat

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've heard the same story, and whilst I'm sure this is a get out the insurance company would use. It would be interesting if anyone knows if this has actually happened. With me its always a third party "I heard about this bloke..." stuff and we all know how reliable those stories are.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Yet another urban myth! I have heard it as well.

Why did the insurers have to pay out? Theft? would have no bearing on the matter, so was written off in a RTA

So the Police didn't prosecute, but the insurers decided that they would define a shaky law and withhold payment and the owners, lay down and accepted their loss quietly and without a fuss slipped off the face of the Earth

I'll believe that A frames are illegal next:ROFLMAO:

Eddie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I believe it was the Smart car swaying on the A frame and a gass attack at the same time that caused the RV driver to lose concentration that resulted in the roll
I guess it wasn't his day :Doh:
Geo

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Pat

I don't know the truth of your story but it 'smacks' a little bit of a story I heard some time ago concerning the OLD Westcroft selling a big RV to a car driver.

The car driver smacked it soon after he got it, had it repaired and when driving home it broke down - so he rolled it onto the grass verge where (unbeknown to him) the verges were soft - there was a bank on the (Drivers side) outside of the verge leading down into a ditch.

The verge gave way, the RV turned over going down into the ditch - and was then written off.

Apparently the Insurance company were quite happy to pay out for the damaged RV - UNTIL - they discovered that the Car driver did not have an LGV licence.

At that point the car driver started proceedings against the Salesman at Westcroft - apparently they had assured him repeatedly that he could drive it on a car licence - and I don't know of the outcome.

All of this is reputed to have happened about three years ago - and as you well know Westcroft have gone through a huge metamorphosis since then and the original Company no longer exists - so how true that story is, Lord only knows - but it did come from a reliable source.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
I believe it was the Smart car swaying on the A frame and a gass attack at the same time that caused the RV driver to lose concentration that resulted in the roll
I guess it wasn't his day :Doh:
Geo

No, it wasn't any of that - it was after the death roll of the Smart - he was back on the motorway doing a steady 60mph when the effect of the gas became a bit too much so he put the cruise control on and then got up to fetch himself a coffee. :shout::shout:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back