Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
My son is thinking of hiring an RV in America for his 3 week holiday next year in July/August. Two adults and 3 children in the party, probably part of Route 66 and anything else in that general area that is of interest.

Anyone hired an RV in that neck of the woods? Any recommendations regarding hire company to use and general advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ummm depends on how much adveture you want but Scotty put me on to this one..

Click on specials..

It is one of thise organisations that arrange RV's to be driven across country or basically from a point 1 to a pont 2 over ( usually ) a three week period

Prices start at just $9.95 a day ( Currently £6.00 !!! )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Mike we have had two 3 week RV hols . The first we picked up the RV in San Francisco , but first did Alcatraz etc. went on to Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Death Valley Hoover , Grand Canyon plus helicopter over the Canyon , Las Vegas and Los Angeles . We finished in the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel opp Manns Chinese Theatre
Absolutely incredible .We hired from Cruise America. The next one we hired from El Monte who were cheaper but still provided a reasonable quality RV.
We stayed in Manhattan for 3 nights and did liberty island, Empire State building, Central park and a helicopter trip over the Hudson etc. We then picked up the RV in New Jersey went up to New England Cape Cod, a whale watching trip . Then through Adirondack to Canada, Toronto, Niagara and then back down to New Jersey.
We are going again in 2012 :thumb:
Fabulous way to holiday.
If you want any more info , please PM me :Smile:

Larry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back