rv gas conversion (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Would like to get a quote for a gas conversion on our winnebago brave. Has anyone had a conversion done on their motorhome or can you recommend a suitable company.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Autogas2000 in Thirsk.

not used them but highly recommended.

chances are, unless you do some serious annual mileages you will never see a payback on your investment.

Broken Link Removed

BTW...your profile needs updating.
unless you still have a Swift lifestyle !

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I have had work done by Autogas 2000 and found them very professional and friendly. They also give Funsters discount :thumb:
Their advert is on the right in the advert column. If you can't see it ring Chris on 01845 523213 or go here Broken Link Removed

Although they are near Thirsk, North Yorks it is not a million miles from you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Autogas2000 in Thirsk.

not used them but highly recommended.

chances are, unless you do some serious annual mileages you will never see a payback on your investment.

Broken Link Removed

BTW...your profile needs updating.
unless you still have a Swift lifestyle !
Yes we do still have the swift which i tend to use if out on my own and the 'winnie' is off the road at the moment to save a few bob and because we are considering selling it. We tend to mostly use that during the summer when going to steam rallies. It is a wee bit thirsty and that is why i wondered about a gas conversion, thinking that would perhaps mabe make it more attractive to buyers. Would be nice to have some opinions on that please.

chrisrushton

Free Member
Oct 28, 2011
fife
Funster No
MH
a class rv
Exp
lpg conversion

Hi has to be AngloAmerican in Newport wales......very very knowledgeable and great after care service too.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
converting to sell isnt worth it.

if its a V8 its going to cost around £1200/£1400 or more and doubtful you would get it back in the asking price.

Trev Massey

Free Member
Jun 6, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Mirada RV
Exp
V8´s are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than V10´s as I just found out :Doh:
I am just having my V10 converted at a cost of 2700 but as we plan to use it throughout Spain, Italy etc, the saving should start to pay for it sooner rather than later (hopefully!!! looool)
I would have thought that a price of circa 1500 would be realised back on a resale personally as its a BIG bonus point.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Trev

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I am just having my V10 converted at a cost of 2700 but as we plan to use it throughout Spain, Italy etc, the saving should start to pay for it sooner rather than later (hopefully!!! looool)
I would have thought that a price of circa 1500 would be realised back on a resale personally as its a BIG bonus point.
Trev

I'd have found it a big selling point, especially if it had all the paperwork. For people who like to tour, LPG is essential. Petrol is fine if you park it somewhere for the season.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Trev

Can you get LPG throughout Spin and Italy:Doh:

Trev Massey

Free Member
Jun 6, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Mirada RV
Exp
Can you get LPG throughout Spin and Italy:Doh:
Yes, LPG is available in every major town VIA Repsol stations here in Spain. It used to be just in the gas bottle depots which were ridiculously difficult to find but now they have installed pumps in their bigger stations thankfully. I have a 160 litre tank so hopefully should be able to get from station to station saving a few quid on the way! Not sure about Italy tho??

stuart0411

Free Member
Jan 29, 2014
N Ireland
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 2004
Lpg mpg

Hello, just about to collect an rv which is on a
Ford chassis 6.8 v10 with lpg conversion
What mpg would I hope to get considering
The cheaper cost of lpg and driving at a sensible
Speed

Regards

Stuart

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I have a 190 ltr petrol tank and a 240 ltr LPG tank. So many garages on the French Autoroutes now have height barriers, I travel with both tanks full, and when I run out of LPG i have enough range to easily find a garage that doesn't have a height barrier.

Filling up with half price fuel makes 10 MPG much sweeter!

Mine was on the RV from new 18 months ago, but to be honest I wouldn't entertain the idea of buying a petrol RV now without the conversion, or at a price that the conversion could be done.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back