RV exchange (1 Viewer)

R

rvtogo

Deleted User
We are nearing retirement and live in New Zealand. A RV/Motorhome purchase is on our agenda to enable us to spend some time on the road in NZ over the next year or so. However our ultimate intention is to spend some time exploring other areas of the globe also. So we are keen to use our investment in our RV to travel elsewhere and like the idea of an RV exchange. Has anyone done this? - and can someone give us dome advice if it is practical or not? Thanks!

R

russellthep

Deleted User
Try www.rvworldwide.com

I have a listing on that website and have found it great. I have arranged an exchange and looking at more. I notice that it is also free at present. Exciting travels.

Upvote 0

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
How did you arrange insurance cover both in the k for them and in NZ for you?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rvtogo

Deleted User
Hi. Well we have not yet purchased a Motorhome however I have spoken to a few insurance companies in New Zealand and most are able to add other drivers (Subject to License, letter from own insurance company etc) to a policy for a limited period of time for not too much more $$. Excess seems to increase a little though in some cases which would need an agreement with the other party to cover this. Maybe a bond is a good idea. It should be similar elsewhere I think. I have looked at www.rvworldwide.com and will list there when we have arranged a purchase. We are delaying it a little at present because the NZ dollar has gone up a lot against Sterling so motorhomes should come down in price a little here - hopefully. Or maybe it would be a great time to travel to U.K. now and buy one there and take back to NZ. Anyone got any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Here in the UK we have one of the most uncooperative insurance systems in the world:Doh: all policeis exclude all forms of hire or reward, and that would include exchanges
Adding non uk licnence holders is a nightmare if not impossible in most cases and a policy aimed at exchanges and forien drivers would be very expensive if you could find one
It seems easyier if you are linked to a comercial venture wherby in effect you let them hire out your vehicle

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back