RV electrics (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
Has anyone any idea why when I put the sidelights on, all the clocks and gauges read low, eg, fuel tank down by half etc. cheers.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just a guess but sounds like a bad earth somewhere and the lights are earthing via the instrument panel lighting and associated wiring circuits

often seen on trailer lights were one or more lights may dimly illuminate when the brake or indicator lights are operated.

caused by trailer brake lights or indicators earthing through another, unrelated bulb

Last edited:
OP
OP
steevie
Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
Thanks for that, I will run a good earth to the lights, and see if that solves it.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
lights dimming,

Afternoon all,from my tempory camping spot at Widnes Tesco DC,pitch right outside main gates as you do.I had a problem very like yours,The light switch was shorting out and taking every thing else with it,then it Finally burnt out coming down M6in early hours.I manage to do a bodge with to fine screw drivers,The wiring at the back of the switch had worn out,and was causing a hot spot,New switch Fitted new wires and its fine now.Hope you get sorted,all the best,...'the bandit:thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Once Duncan. Www. Starspangledspanner.co.uk

Tell him make year model of your RV
He will know and get any parts you need

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun