RV breakdown insurance in france (1 Viewer)

dundreamin

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
South Yorks
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
18 months
Hi everyone,
We are off to France and wondered if anyone knows of or as experience of companies who offer breakdown insurance for RVs. My first enquiries found that most don't cover anything over 8mtres ( this includes Camping and caravanning club).
Not expecting any problems but you ever know!!

Any advice very welcome

Lynne

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
RV Breakdown cover - France

Hi Lynne

You may well be right when you say the C&CC's own insurance is limited, but, if you are a member, you can also join the clubs RAC Arrival scheme, with European cover, which, the last time I renewed my subs, was still unlimited on lenght and weight.:Smile:

Hope this helps:thumb:

Nomadic

OP
OP
dundreamin

dundreamin

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
South Yorks
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
18 months
Hi Lynne

You may well be right when you say the C&CC's own insurance is limited, but, if you are a member, you can also join the clubs RAC Arrival scheme, with European cover, which, the last time I renewed my subs, was still unlimited on lenght and weight.:Smile:

Hope this helps:thumb:

Nomadic
Thanks,
I spoke to C&CC yesterday when I booked our ferry. They (carefree) who arrange overseas insurance and breakdwon don't cover Vehicles over 8m. I think she was referring to Europ assistance who they use for european breakdown.
WE are members, so I will have alook at the RAC.
Thanks again.
Lynne :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dundreamin

dundreamin

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
South Yorks
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
18 months
Hi,
Have spoken to RAC arrivals and arranged a years cover .£183 covers us for everywhere even home andmost other eventualities. Hubby is also covered for other vehicles. Might have to give the AA a mis for his breakdown when its up for renewel.
I'm impressed that there are no restrictions on this breakdown insurance. Just goes to show that some companies are willing to help out us RVers. They have obviously seen a small gap in the market.
Lynne

OP
OP
dundreamin

dundreamin

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
South Yorks
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
18 months
Hi,
We have our ordinary motorhome insurance with Flux and I'm sure they have told me that there is a length restriction on the breakdown insurance in europe, I will check this out though because its obviously cheaper than we have been quoted and I do have 14 days to change my mind.

Thanks for the advice
Lynne

Keggy

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Funster No
Search this forum for ADAC. I have just received an email from them today. They offer europwide cover for Mh up to 10m long for 79.50 EUR. There are a number of other benefits 'thrown in' as well.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Here is a copy of a recent post on the Big Pitch Guide web site:

From Olley:

Re: Insurance and breakdown cover.......
« Reply #8 on: Today at 08:27:48 AM »

Hi if you insure with Towergate Bakers for an extra £80 I think it was you can have RAC arrival cover, any size/weight recovery here or Europe.

copy posted by Dick from the BPG

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
CCC Arrival scheme

Hi

Been recovered now twice by Arrival (32ft 6.8tonne) absolutely no problem. (one no gearbox, One only 7 Cyls!!!)

The only thing is they USUALLY send someone to assess the Job first and this can cause delay IF a vehicle has to be brought from some distance, "so patience is a virtue????"

In Spain last winter I spoke to RAC (France) LEON who manage ALL the Europe issues and they advised that, Had I needed it they would have arranged to have me recovered off the site all the way to a UK repairer.

Pete

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Whatever you do,dont breakdown on the autoroute in France.Breakdown cover dosnt mean a thing there. It cost me 190 euros for a fuel filter in June.Europe asistance say they are NOT allowed onto French toll roads,and you must use there own breakdown service and pay.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Whatever you do,dont breakdown on the autoroute in France.Breakdown cover dosnt mean a thing there. It cost me 190 euros for a fuel filter in June.Europe asistance say they are NOT allowed onto French toll roads,and you must use there own breakdown service and pay.

very useful post Dave but a breakdowns out of our hands mate :Doh:::bigsmile:

sods law says it will be on an autoroute now we have this info:cry:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
very useful post Dave but a breakdowns out of our hands mate :Doh:::bigsmile:

sods law says it will be on an autoroute now we have this info:cry:
Like many other things to do with this hoby of ours,we dont read the small print when its there.Problem with this one is, there is NO small print to read,so ya stuffed John.:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back