RV Bike rack tow bar

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by NIC S, Apr 30, 2010.

1. NIC S

NIC S Read Only Funster

Hi I've seen on e bay USA a four bike rack that slides in to the tow bar square.does anyone know of a UK supplier or somwhere I could try as it would be extortionate postage from the states.Cheers Nic

2. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

Lindy-c (Stateside tuning) or Duncan (Starspangled spanner).

We got one from Linda ages ago, can't remember how much but I didn't want to 'nail' one to the back of the van and we don't always take the bikes so it's a good option. One thing to watch, if you have a rear mounted spare wheel the standard 2" plug in bit may not be long enough, ours wasn't but I just sourced a longer piece of 2" box (it's a thick wall 3-4mm(can't remember ie measure?)) and drilled the relevant holes and sorted:thumb:

3. billym

billym Read Only Funster

you can have mine for £180.00

Swagman 4 bike carrier for RV . New but not boxed. There is 2 " tow hitch and ball with it.( not new )

We are near Junc 8/9 M4 or Junc 4 M40

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  4. NIC S

NIC S Read Only Funster

Thanks

I am looking into making what I need,I'm in the process of mounting a spare wheel and need to make sure it will fit with the bike rack or visa versa

5. motor roamin

motor roamin Funster

Hi your welcome to copy mine and I am sure it will clear a spare wheel as I can almost drop the tailgate of my Avalanche with it on, plus it tilts at the bottom allowing it to open fully.

6. Griffs

Griffs Funster

Bike rack

Hi.
    We have a bike rack like that and may sell it , we will now in a week or so .

7. TonyIsh UK

TonyIsh UK Read Only Funster

8. NIC S

NIC S Read Only Funster

Hi Thanks for post.not quite like that the RV towbars don't have the two bolt tow ball fixing,the one I have seen slides into the hole left when you remove the tow bar(Sliding box section),its held in place by the pin but also has a longer tow ball mount so you can still tow with the bike rack fitted.Nic

9. jong

jong Read Only Funster

Hi all

Have a 1978 Dodge Vogue but with no tow bar at the back (one on the front though?). Have no intention of towing anything as I think 30' is about my limit. However need to have a scooter rack/platform for my wife's Mobility scooter, and or a moped for popping out to the shops. Not sure if I have to have the american fitting or because I have nothing pre installed do I go to for a European type tow bar? In advance I appologise for my ignorance.

All the best.

Jon :Smile:

10. NIC S

NIC S Read Only Funster

Hi I would have thought that if you don't need a tow bar for towing then just get a scooter/mobility platform fabricated to suit your exact requirements.Nic