Rutland gathering - happenings (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I cannot play an instrument but

I know what you mean Bob, we feel like market traders, putting the marquees up and down, seems like every other week.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But we managed to pack up at Stratford and all was dry, so we are ready to go. :thumb:

Just a reminder Rutland is not far away now, its going to be a great meet, a lot of pre planning has taken place, and a lot of hard work time and effort will take place over the week, so if you want to attend this rally get your name down. :thumb:

:winky: So come on funsters I'm sure we can out number the RVOC cant we. :roflmto:

We have lots going on, anyone that plays anything bring it with you. :thumb:

Anyone that owns a musical instrument and can't play it, bring it with you we have a lot of talented members, you have to see it to believe it. :whatthe::thumb:

We have enough room for 500 motorhomes, party tents and a barn.

Anyone that needs any information on anything from RVs / European motorhomes or travel to far away places, this is the place to get it.:thumb:

See you all there. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

As many can confirm I cannot play an instrument.. OK I have a ukulele and this year a lap steel guitar ... I will be bringing them .. might as well make some noise with the others.

As you say Bob it is load/unload .. but better than just letting the RV sit on the drive. While I do not have the car trailer now, we are coming with the baby trailer and Sue is driving the car up behind (following) me.. to bring the smaller scooter and the other odds and end... but that gives us wheels to be able to get off site and get to the shops etc., as needed. Bound to need supplies while there.

Sue's trying to sort lemon drizzle cakes .. time is running away with us. looking forward to seeing some of the regular and not so regular faces.

Bob (Sue and Ezzie)

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I'm sure it's been asked before, but is there a shop near the site and what does it stock? ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
As you know 'ASH' will be on site for some of the time to undertake habitation work, should you need anything doing or something comes amiss whilst there, just call his mobile 07976 167477. Also his supplier of solar panels will be there, selling them on site with other bits and bobs. If you decide to buy one Ash will be available to fit it for you.

Nigel and Pamala

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I'm sure it's been asked before, but is there a shop near the site and what does it stock? ::bigsmile:

Ivy
Hi Ivy,

If I remember correctly, there is a village stores and post office in Edith Weston, but nothing at Manton, in the other direction. Oh yes, and then there's the Wheatsheaf too. ::bigsmile:

Cheers,

Jock.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp

Ivy

Hi Ivy, as Jock says no shop at Manton, it does have a pub, the Horse and Jockey which is on the cycle route, your choice as to whether you start or finish the 20 mile cycle there! The stores at Edith Weston must have listened to the locals as they stock LOADS, including good fresh bread and milk. You can get there via the reservoir or the road (no footpath or cycle track by the road) a couple of miles either way whichever you choose. Jane :Smile:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Nearest other shops are Tesco in Oakham town and Co'op just out side of town, There is also a tyre gge in Oakham that refills gas bottles from own tank and is right by the railway station, also a hand car wash for cars but i asked them for a price on motorhomes and they said about £15 for a straight wash down (they do it for you ) but access bit limited but ok for most size motorhomes, RVs can be accommodated but will have to back into the wash area (no big deal straight back in) and wide road outside, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
also a hand car wash for cars but i asked them for a price on motorhomes and they said about £15 for a straight wash down (they do it for you ) but access bit limited but ok for most size motorhomes, RVs can be accommodated but will have to back into the wash area (no big deal straight back in) and wide road outside, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken
TBH Garry, I wouldn't let anyone anywhere near our MH with a pressure washer. :whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

(Back on topic). And there is also the Grain Store Brewery, round by Oakham Railway Station, which does brewery tours by arrangement, if anyone is interested.
Link Removed

The story goes (allegedly) that they enticed the the former Ruddles Head Brewer out of retirement, and with him came a recipe, which is now a brew known as "Ten Fifty". To all those that knew and loved the old "Ruddles County", (before Greene King got hold of it and watered it down) the "Ten Fifty" IS (according to taste) the old style Ruddles County. :winky:

Cheers for now.

Jock.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
We will have the car to run to the shops

We will have the car.. and happy to fetch milk / bread for those that need it.

Need to speak to Bob & Jane and we will work out how much we need to fetch etc., .. so please have some change .. that would help a lot.

You all know me .. or should do.. I look just like Ezzie in my Avatar.... But if Bob & Jane are happy to get the details of who wants what we can run to Tesco's or the Co-op .. should be a bit cheaper...

Bob

p.s I hear Sue and the grater.. so she has started on the Lemon Drizzel cakes... I can see the freezer being full again on the RV.

Bob:Smile:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
We will be arriving Tuesday early evening, so if anyone who is already there and need some further rations or have forgotten something then give us a bell. PM me if you need my mobile number. :Smile:

Andrea
xx

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Afraid we won't be able to make this one, son coming home from Singapore.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Mr and Mrs Keith. ..... I bet that will be far better for you both than a meet anyway.... Brilliant . Joy x:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back