since 1988
Has anyone been to Russia recently?

Today's letter
Consular Section
Embassy of the Russian Federation
5 Kensington Palace Gardens
London W8 4QS

Dear Sir

I would very much like to visit Russia, and in particular St Petersburg, in my motor caravan in the summer of 2016 as part of a trip around the Baltic Sea which I am planning. Currently I would seek to enter by the Estonian Border and leave by the Finnish Border and stay in Russia for 7-10 days.

Can you tell me if this would present any difficulties and what travel documents I would need?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
if your reason to visit and you present a case to the embassy for your visit out with a valid travel agent you should be ok.
the burocresay to work there is a pane but with recent event's in the Balkans thing may be different it may be very hard to get a visa I would start now with the application
to be Shur

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
That's a trip we are planning but keep putting off due to political issues in the region. Putin is pretty much readying the country for war. annexing the ukraine is likely just the start plus them deliberately destabilising the middle east by funding assad in syria. not a good time to be a foreigner in russia and not on the usual holiday tours.
Its not the locals though, as they are friendly on the whole with an interesting culture. the pre revolution architecture is phenomenal so well worth experiencing. just not for a couple of years, maybe when putin has gone

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back