Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Went for a Run Naked Today :p

It was Just a Trial :censored:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

"I whipped it off" the pipe that is & ran to work without the filter Air that is

go on groan if you must but Ive done it before & had no issues what so ever however if the pipe was behing the wheels id certainly think twice.

So my quick test on my Boxer 97 2.5 results are:
A definite improvement in power, where I join the M25 to go to work its a progressive uphill run & I have learnt to not engage 5th as it always results in a drop to 40mph & a change to 4th to avoid breaking the speed limit.
An early change into 5th today & She held speed for loger & started to drop a bit but hampered by a slow moving truck meant a drop to 4th to get round him & that was the only change I made on the way to work.

An Unexpected return to home this evening produced the same results holding speed better & less change downs on the hills in fact none.

I will repeat the test tomorrow on my way back to work but I can report a definitive improvement & have already worked how to make this result permanent.

So watch this space (y)

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
The dust in the air will destroy your bores and pistons over time,
Totally false economy !
Use a K/ N air filter or equivalent but not a open inlet,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I must confess I am very sceptical and suspect any improvement was imaginary. The only way to prove it would be to put the vehicle on a rolling road and try with and without air filter. However, if removing the air filter really did lead to a noticeable improvement in performance then either the air filter needed changing and was almost clogged or there is something wrong with the engine management system. :)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
brave man........

a turbo spinning at 150000rpm, yes really, will last milliseconds if ANYTHING gets in the inlet tract.

It certainly seems a risky thing to do. At the end of the day manufacturers don't fit them for fun. I'm betting on them knowing what they're doing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back