Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi,
We've the proud owners of a Monaco Knight and I'm always wary about doing DIY work just in case they turn into DIY bodges.
I want to run some cables from the overhead locker down to the dashboard. I'm junking the 240v DVD player and installing a dashboard radio/dvd player instead. While I'm at it going to connect a 12v PC to a new touchpanel display. The PC will act as a video recorder, give internet access and run sat nav but I'll also run reversing camera and blind spot camera into the screen.
Ok, the point of this rambling! Has anyone ever taken the windscreen trim off? (what I'd describe as the A pillar). There only appears to be one screw at the bottom and the rest of it seems to held in place by the windscreen rubber. Is it really as simple and straightforward as that or do Monaco fit the trim and then put the windscreens in on top of it! Do I just take the screw out and start pulling? Can I buy a replacement from anywhere other than Travelworld!!
Any advice will be gratefully received.

Regards
Doug

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Doug
Its where you will find most of the cables running, On my RV they are made of substsantial leather covered wood, if yours are light weight plastic take care they become brittle after a time, but yes its that simple, had mine off more times than I care to remember, why would you need replacments, take your time all should be well
Geo

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi Geo,
Yep, it is plastic and although it looks fairly flexible I'm ham-fisted enough to damage something. I really couldn't bear being told (again) I told you so.
So I think I'll go up to the compound at the weekend and try really, really carefully to liberate it from the side window frame and windscreen rubbers.
Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi Doug

We have a Monaco Windsor and the side windscreen trim on mine is not held in by the windscreen rubber at all it is a snug fit against it! The trim is held in by several capped screws and slid in behind the windowframe.

Mine was very easy to remove when I altered the TV cabinet and fitted power visors.

Regards Pat

Attachments

• 100_1218.jpg
    100_1218.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_1220.jpg
    100_1220.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 100_1221.jpg
    100_1221.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 100_1219.jpg
    100_1219.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 68

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Least you could have done Pat was take em off, to show how easy it is:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hi Doug
Its where you will find most of the cables running, On my RV they are made of substsantial leather covered wood, if yours are light weight plastic take care they become brittle after a time, but yes its that simple, had mine off more times than I care to remember, why would you need replacments, take your time all should be well
Geo

Yerr i notice all the insulation tape on your screen pillars with an array off leads hanging out.

Thought it probably wasn't original:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

monacosteve

Free Member
Oct 31, 2007
cornwall
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
Had mine of several times for cables not a problem,
just be gentle.

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Thanks for all of the advice and help. Much appreciated. Now all I've got to do is try it!
I'll let yoiu know how I get on.

Cheers
Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back