LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well I thought we still had a full bottle, as we passed the place we fill up at Mrs funfair says shall we get gas "no we are OK" says I.

So she goes for a shower this morning and says it wasn't very hot "you should have turned off the heating" says I, after giving it a good twenty minutes to warm up I then had a cold shower as well:mad:

So yes both bottles had been open and we ran out, DON'T PANIC we have one of those connection hoses that Mrs funflair wanted to buy a few years ago at one of the shows, spare bottle in the garage for the BBQ couple it to the "gaslow" fill point and open the bottle,

Cooking on GAS again.

IMG_0343.JPG

So now she is really smug first because we did need gas "SEE" and secondly we did need that pipe "SEE"

Martin

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Obviously Mrs Funflair used more gas than she told you about!:rolleyes:
Surely she can't expect you to cover for her mistakes?(n)
Can you post some pics of your face when you've told her!:whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Its annoying isn't it.

When do you go to south Africa martin?
21st of this month, getting van MOT'd this week so we are ready for Chester and then Peterborough as soon as we get back.

Are you still in NZ.

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
21st of this month, getting van MOT'd this week so we are ready for Chester and then Peterborough as soon as we get back.

Are you still in NZ.

Martin
Yes, still got one nights motorhoming left before heading north for flight to US. Blogging while I wait for Sue to arise!!

NZ is fabulous for motorhoming and having great time, going to do a showcase when we get back.

Hope you enjoy RSA.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If you have an auto switchover its only a matter of time before you have a cold shower :D. I like manual switchovers so once switched I know I'm on a countdown to fill ASASP

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
And the point of this story is, you may think your right but it always is best to agree with them. You had the hint, do we need gas? that really wasn't a question now was it and likewise with the pipe, do you think this may be handy? well now you know.:D

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
NZ is not at the forefront of motorhome technology but; they only tend to carry 1x9kg bottle. How do they fill it? You may ask.

Lots of garages have a little setup with a valve and some scales and they top it up for you whenever you want.

Yes on a forecourt. Yes an ordinary bottle! No problem!

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you have an auto switchover its only a matter of time before you have a cold shower :D. I like manual switchovers so once switched I know I'm on a countdown to fill ASASP
To be fair I usually leave the second bottle turned off "to remind me"

We do have a symbol that comes up on the panel to tell you that you are on reserve bottle but I ignored it as it's the same one that tells you that the second bottle is not turned on. It don't matter how clever or not the system is if the operator is Fick, anyway I had my "get out of jail" pipe and spare bottle(y)

And the point of the post was not to show me up as a total plonker BUT to highlight the fact that this type of pipe is available for others if they fancy a backup, it also comes with a screw thread adapter which I think is for some sort of Spanish bottle.

Martin

Reactions: Jim
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Martin

I am ashamed of you.

I shall not take any advice from you on the Polch forum for 4 weeks.

I fitted one Gaslow bottle, keeping the Calor bottle which I inherited 7 years ago, and have never touhed the Calor.

Although we did a slight detour in the Pyrenees(about 20km) 2 years ago.

Martin, how long you going to the Republik, and where??

Geoff

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin

I am ashamed of you.

I shall not take any advice from you on the Polch forum for 4 weeks.

I fitted one Gaslow bottle, keeping the Calor bottle which I inherited 7 years ago, and have never touhed the Calor.

Although we did a slight detour in the Pyrenees(about 20km) 2 years ago.

Martin, how long you going to the Republik, and where??

Geoff
Hi Geoff

Just do as I say not as I do and you should be OK.

Jo'burg, Kruger, Swaziland, Drakensberg then fly Durban to Port Elizabeth and the Garden route to Cape town, Boulder beach to see the penquins (thats what sold it to Jen) and then back to Jo'burg to fly home, two and a half weeks "old fart's tour" (SAGA) Jen's description not mine.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back