sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
oooops i must have done wrong again,,i have a disposable bbq almost every night on the aires,,,never been told off to date........:whistle:

Jean-luc

Free Member
Aug 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
Rapido 963F
Exp
Since 2005
These signs say it all, one from France the other from Spain.
However, as has been said it is usually acceptable to discreetly temporarily put out a table and chairs to relax or eat outside. We have also used the Cadac on occasions.

Attachments

• Parking Area Regulations Sign (1).JPG
    Parking Area Regulations Sign (1).JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Parking Area Regulations Sign (4).JPG
    Parking Area Regulations Sign (4).JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 20

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I couldn't imagine using my van in the hot weather and not having my awning out barbecue lit lounging on a chair with a cold cider on the table ..........

But I forgot the new way is to sit inside and watch sky tv........like you do at home lol

Camping !!!!! ...that ain't camping

Funnily enough, Biscarrosse-Plage is one of the most spacious aires I've ever been on, with tree-shaded wide open spaces (far bigger than campsite pitches) between the camper bays (campers park end to end in looped tracks through the forest) offering picnic tables to sit and eat at. They have a superloo in a log cabin, a supermarket a couple of hundred yards away, and after about ten minutes' walk through wild dunes you're on a magnificent Atlantic beach that stretches into infinity in both directions. You can't light BBQs in the forest for obvious reasons, but that applies to most coastal camping areas south of Bordeaux.

The people I feel sorry for are the so-called 'campers' on the adjoining campsite, hemmed into their expensive pitches, with many of them staring through a wire fence at the arse end of the New Age Traveller colony, which has an odd preference for parking up and spreading out next to the campsite boundary.

Still, each to their own I suppose.

As for lounging in a chair with an ice cold drink - my avatar photo was taken at Biscarrosse-Plage aire.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Once had an German guy knock on our door to close our window he could not her his music.
while siting in the van next door to ours his van was on the other side of ours and was very rude to the her in doors .
he spent the rest of the after none looking for his teeth.
but in general fund airs very relaxed.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I can also remember parking on the Dieppe Port aire and seeing an Austrian raising hell because someone dared to park near him, the same way everyone else was parking next to each other. Poor deluded chap obviously thought he was on a campsite.

Was on there in early July,,,,it was that rammed you could just about open your door to get in. Handy for ferry though. BUSBY:)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Parked on a small but busy aire at St Tropez about 6 foot from a cloggie’s van, I got out of my van and gave him a questioning thumbs up, he shrugged and pointed out I was blocking the sun to his van so I moved over another 6 feet only for another van to squeeze into the gap ten minutes later :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Once had an German guy knock on our door to close our window he could not her his music.
while siting in the van next door to ours his van was on the other side of ours and was very rude to the her in doors .
he spent the rest of the after none looking for his teeth.
but in general fund airs very relaxed.

So are you saying a person knocked on your door and asked you to close your window because your music was so loud he couldn't hear his own music inside his van, you thought that he was rude so punched him in the mouth and he lost teeth?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
So are you saying a person knocked on your door and asked you to close your window because your music was so loud he couldn't hear his own music inside his van, you thought that he was rude so punched him in the mouth and he lost teeth?
My van was between his van and where he was siting his music was playing loudly and he was siting between our van and a another.
And we were not playing music but having to shout over the nose of his and he cam to my van in a threatening nature.
Telling me to close my window I told him if he wanted to listen to his music go sit next to his van he then tame a swing at me,
I am not a violent man but will protect my shelf and family.
his van was one van away from where he was sting it was a warm day and we had all the doors and windows open.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back