Love it !

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
You mean when England dump Wales out of the world cup? Evil cackling will be mandatory (y)
I'm practising my evil cackle right now.....
And thank you Jim! Would hate for people to come on here and think we are a bunch of old meanies. Xxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Rule 2. Check the date of all posts before answering. It can save great embarrassment, unless of coarse you have been away for eight years, which means that you have broken rule 3.
Rule 3. You now owe eighty pounds to Jim. (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Rule 2. Check the date of all posts before answering. It can save great embarrassment, unless of coarse you have been away for eight years, which means that you have broken rule 3.
Rule 3. You now owe eighty pounds to Jim. (y)
Rule 4. Do not point out poor spelling.

Oops, guilty again!

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Rule 4. Do not point out poor spelling.

Oops, guilty again!

I am not sure on that rool............ If speling misstakes are not pointed out how is the other person going to beter themselves..

I wood not mind, as long as it wos to edukate mee.. :nod: :giggler:

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Once again, well said Jim.
It can be off putting to new and inexperienced Motor-Homers looking to join who's skin hasn't been hardened to sarcasm sometimes dished out as in this recent post in the beginners section.
Spud

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Once again, well said Jim.
It can be off putting to new and inexperienced Motor-Homers looking to join who's skin hasn't been hardened to sarcasm sometimes dished out as in this recent post in the beginners section.
Spud

I just had a look at that thread, to see what I missed. I only read the posts up to when the OP went off in a huff but as far as I can see the replies where mostly sympathetic. I imagine doing £2k of damage on your first outing could make you a bit sensitive.

Paul

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
If you want to see how not to post-go have a look at the Dark Side,I doubt it's changed much.:devil:

I have felt this for some time now.
I also feel that because Air travel is now such a pain,the whole motor homing world is changing.
People who are in the 10% group who have more than 3 foreign holidays a year are realising that motorhoming is a good thing.They can afford the best,they expect the best and this is changing the way our 'hobby' is perceived.
I don't think there's anything wrong with expecting the best.
If you can afford the best and willing to pay, why would you settle for anything less than best?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I don't think there's anything wrong with expecting the best.
If you can afford the best and willing to pay, why would you settle for anything less than best?
Your dead right! That's why I choose to go into debt with Wonga and have a subscription on *FUN*. (y)(y)(y)

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
When it comes to conflicts and arguments I want to mention just one thing. For all the arguments I have ever had the one consistent factor in all of them is that I have always been right. Rather bizarrely my opponents have the same opinion. How can it be that they don't recognize my superior intellect and persuasive abilities.

I have to confess that I got to age 42 before I spotted the flaw in this line of reasoning. Now I am slow to judge, empathetic to other opinions and far more tolerant of people who are on a totally different planet to me. They might be right.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
When it comes to conflicts and arguments I want to mention just one thing. For all the arguments I have ever had the one consistent factor in all of them is that I have always been right. Rather bizarrely my opponents have the same opinion. How can it be that they don't recognize my superior intellect and persuasive abilities.

I have to confess that I got to age 42 before I spotted the flaw in this line of reasoning. Now I am slow to judge, empathetic to other opinions and far more tolerant of people who are on a totally different planet to me. They might be right.

I'm not 40 yet so will ponder some more..

In honesty Jim and all you funsters I'm reasonably sure this post isn't aimed at any of my ramblings but if it is then I'm sorry. I have opinions that don't always mesh with other peoples but I'm always open to hear other views and I'm never personal in my own mind when posting. If it ever comes across that I am then I would hope someone would drop me an IM and ask me to adjust my wording.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
You must have a bl**dy long memory...........:)

It was a Eureka moment for me. I'm still a know-it-all smart arse but not quite as much as I used to be.

Eureka moment @Tootles...
Think poor Bernard has eureka moments lately (remember wives tales) ooohhhhhh boy !

Now was that nasty, insulting or fun.....?!(n)

Of course it's fun, there's a few on here that poke fun very close to the bone, all in jest or as we say here.... "only for the craic"
Sometimes to prompt a response it runs too close though !

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Since this thread has migrated a little I will confess to my wife's greatest criticism of me (this is wife 3's criticism, wives one and two have their own list).

She says that when my face is not doing anything special, as in when I am just browsing shirts in Marks & Spencer, I look like a right miserable git. Seems when I am not thinking about anything in particular but just existing I look grumpy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back