Rudesheim

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Hotelman, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Hotelman

Hotelman Funster

We are planning a few days away next week, and fancy a couple of nights in Rudesheim, and maybe cycle a few km of the Rhine cycle path, subject to the weather.
    All the campsites seem closed, but I guess we can 'park up'.
    Any ideas or suggestions ??

As always, thanks

2. ukbill

ukbill Funster

there will be a aire nearby hopefully we stayed there a couple of years back and it was a great place to visit

• Like Like x 1
  3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

There are Aires every few kilometres along the Rhine, so there should be no problem finding parkings. I prefer the west bank as there are more villages. Unfortunately you are a couple of weeks late for the Rhine on fire celebrations at St Gore.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bobndebs McKay

Bobndebs McKay

Have not been to Rhudesheim for a few years now, but there was a site right on the river, literally 500 metres up from the ferry jetty that was open all year round. While you are there, have a large Asbach for me!! (y)

• Like Like x 1
  5. CazPaul

CazPaul Read Only Funster

Rudesheim we thought was scruffy and run down, a lot of the shops and streets leave something to be desired.

The cable car is fun though.

Paul.

6. rebellious 1

rebellious 1 Funster

The Cable car trip is excellent value up to the Neiderwald monument,then walk through the forest to arrive at wild deer enclosure,and ride back to Assmanshousen on the chair lift,finally catch ferry back to Rudesheim.Details at cable car station in centre of town, was 14 euro for all in round trip.Drosselgasse also worthy of evening visit,good meals and beer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bobndebs McKay

Bobndebs McKay

It was DM 5 for the guided tour of the distillery at the time I was there, we then had a few beers in a cellar bar called The Aviator, it had genuine Aircraft Seats and WWII bits from all sorts dotted around. Dont know if its still there now of course but will return to find out one day!! Good Luck any way its a beautiful part of the world.

• Like Like x 1