Routing via Madrid, advice needed

Discussion in 'Spain' started by Cossieg, May 10, 2016.

1. Cossieg

Cossieg Funster

Hi all.

Leaving the Algarve soon and heading for Toulouse to wander the Canal du Midi. Sat nav routes us round Madrid on an inner ring road and i'm a bit nervous! Madrid was somewhere to avoid i was always told but getting to Toulouse a different way would add many miles so Madrid it is. I'll be travelling into Madrid on the A5-E90 and out of Madrid on the A2-E90 but round Madrid looks a bit interesting! Anyone any good advice to keep things simple? I was wondering if sticking to the outer ring road M50 would be easier if a tad longer? Cheers all!

2. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

If you are travelling during a weekday then I would use the M50 as you will at least keep moving. Have gone through the centre on the M30 twice from North to South, once on a Sunday which was fine and once during the week which was a bit busy. The main thing is to know which road you want to end up on going out of Madrid and keep following the signs for that and you will have no problems.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Flamenca

Flamenca Funster Life Member

It all depends what time of day you pass through Madrid. I usually opt for the M30 and have rarely experienced delays in recent years.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cossieg

Cossieg Funster

Thanks guys. I'll be leaving Lagartera around 9am so,I would guess Madrid around 11am?

5. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

Madrid is ok before 5am :D

• Funny Funny x 1