Routing solar panel cables on Hymer B690

Discussion in 'Solar Power' started by Wanderingmac, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Wanderingmac

Wanderingmac Funster Life Member

Any suggestions for routing solar panel cables from roof to EBL on Hymer B690? The electro bloc is in external locker on near side under the sink. If I could remove the kitchen drawers I may be able to better check a routing. Can these be removed easily? Any help greatly appreciated.

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Wardrobes are good top to bottom routes. Ours has a big cable duct in the back corner ready for such up/down cables.

3. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

Assuming it's a double-floored model and the EBL is in a locker that is part of the double floor, my advice would be to choose the least obtrusive route down into the double floor then worry about getting it to the EBL. You will have much more leeway once it is in the floor void.

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. colinw

colinw Read Only Funster

Absolutely no help whatsoever , but it will help if you are double jointed and have a pet ferret to pull the cables through ! . good luck .

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Kitchen draw runners are similar to filing cabinet ones, there is a little latch on the side of the runner once you get the knack they come out easy.
    Most of the wiring in Hymer's is in trunking so try to follow an existing wiring route, best to spend 10 hours planning and a couple doing it. You may find a set of the short cable threading rods useful (the end of one of mine is still under the floor somewhere!).

• Like Like x 1
  7. gillnphil

gillnphil Funster

I have fitted 3 lots of solar panels to vans. The routing of wires is the hard bit by far. I came through the roof into the cupboard and down through the cable duct when I did my Hymer van. Its not easy and I was glad when it was done.
    Phil

8. Wanderingmac

Wanderingmac Funster Life Member

Many thanks for all replies and suggestions even the very humorous ones! Can very much appreciate the sentiments behind the humour having tried working on previous vans!