Route to Soumeras using Aires and Toll free (1 Viewer)

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:sun: Suggestions please for the above..... to help those going to Twin Lakes in September. :sun:
Sure you will all have your favourites :D and as it's for newbies maybe 3/4 days leisurely trip. :france:

Will post mine when I've had chance to look although a certain river with very large ships is certain to feature.....:rofl: :rofl:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
We ( if the other half is well/better) will be going via
Saint Nicolas de Bliquetuit or La Mailleraye sur Seine
then more than likely St Denis sur Sarthon
Saint George sur Loire
La foret sur Sevre
Soumeras
between 90 & 130 miles each day approx
bit of a zig zag way but taking dog so stopping near countryside (dog walking places) also mostly free/ free water.

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
We ( if the other half is well/better) will be going via
bit of a zig zag way but taking dog so stopping near countryside (dog walking places) also mostly free/ free water.
I HOPE Swmbo is soon on the mend and you get to enjoy it. Love the zig zag routes until they do the typical closing the roads :( Then the fun bit begins :rolleyes:
St Denis is a new one to me may make a change from Suze s Sarthe.
Hope to plot our route today :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
I haven't used saint denis sur sarthe but looks good on campercontact & google street view.
We might also do Arques aire when we get thru the tunnel , we've used it a couple of times before about 30 miles from tunnel but v nice aire.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi @Wildge

Please let me know your route, also when & which ferry/tunnel you've booked.
I haven't booked the tunnel yet but hope to go about
the 4 th sept for 3 weeks.
we are booked for 3 wks in june but not sure now whats happening until hospital sorts out the wifes problems.
terry

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
W
Hi @Wildge

Please let me know your route, also when & which ferry/tunnel you've booked.
I haven't booked the tunnel yet but hope to go about
the 4 th sept for 3 weeks.
we are booked for 3 wks in june but not sure now whats happening until hospital sorts out the wifes problems.
terry
Will do .....was doing it today but ended up 9am at hosp. instead...still there. We sail on 5th return 10/10 will hopefully spend 1st night at Mailleraye. Will pm you later.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Have a look at the download in the resources section Toll and non Toll routes in France (about France.com). All the information you have requested, plus more is there. There is also one for Spain.
Safe Travels.

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:sun: Sure you will all have your favourites :D and as it's for newbies maybe 3/4 days leisurely trip. :france:

Will post mine when I've had chance to look although a certain river with very large ships is certain to feature.....:rofl: :rofl:
Have only had chance for a quick look ....as we seem to be spending a lot of time with the NHS.:rolleyes:
Always supposing we make it, God willing, our route could be across from Calais via Abbeyville to Rouen area purely so we can stay at Mailleraye sur Seine, then down via Le Mans or Chartres to Tours area.Trying to keep to 100/150 mls per day, as we will have to have several stops :whistle2: :Eeek: :swear2::pray2:
From there down via Poitiers and end up somewhere near Angouleme :hot: :cheers: :clap2:Before travelling to Soumeras.
Now to find some Aires :Eeek:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
you have got your first one,(y) we used La Mailleraye for the first time this year on recommendation, if wet do not be tempted to park on river side, one French man may well still be there he sank so deep o_O

we then took the Le Mans route down were going to stop at La Fleche which looks lovely, town centre location by river, but the fair was parked on all of it

have fun :)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
you have got your first one,(y) we used La Mailleraye for the first time this year on recommendation, if wet do not be tempted to park on river side, one French man may well still be there he sank so deep o_O

we then took the Le Mans route down were going to stop at La Fleche which looks lovely, town centre location by river, but the fair was parked on all of it

have fun :)

It all looks rather nice at La Fleche but the road through there is very busy and therefore rather noisy:eek:. Copious amounts of vino could help somewhat;)

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
you have got your first one,(y) we used La Mailleraye for the first time this year on recommendation, have fun :)
Yes, we know it well David and the noise on the t'other side.
We usually go from there to Suze sur Sarthe and then Saumur but don't have that much time this trip. Plenty of time afterwards for exploration, especially around the vineyards.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back