route to burgos

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by mr wong, Sep 2, 2009.

1. mr wong

mr wong Read Only Funster

hi i am mr wong i have just joined your forum ,has any one travelled from santander to burgos via the a67 in a RV would appreciate any info cheers :thumb:

2. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Hi Mr Wong

Yeah I've traveled that route in a 35ft A class with a m/cycle on the rear don't remember having any problems.:thumb:

3. superk

superk Read Only Funster

No problem in a 32-foot RV towing a car. Did get completely snowed in for a night near Burgos on one occasion in March and have experienced bad weather there in March on other occasions.

:Smile:
    Keith

4. Baggins

Baggins Read Only Funster

G'day all

Someone on here with more experience of this area may be able to help solve a little mystery for me.

I did the reverse of this journey in April and followed Santander signs that were at odds with TomTom but took me through lots of pretty empty roads over the mountains with quite a bit of road-building going on.

Google maps suggests the A67 route to the left and google earth route planner circles to the right but I think I must have followed the apparent 'direct' route on N623. I certainly remember the brakes getting hotter than I would have wished coming down a long winding hill at the Santander end - in second gear!

Milage-wise only 50km shorter. Has anyone followed the middle route - I imagine it would be difficult in winter?

BW

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  5. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi, always take the n623 its abit steep in places but worth it for the really nice views. if coming back this way drive very slow heated up brakes is a normal here. if you have time visit the parc national de canion del rio lobos its really nice. take the n234just after burgos then head to el burgo de osma .stunning canyon with parking well worth the visit. have fun we did.cheers alan.