Route to Ancona (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2011
Stoney Stanton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Looking for a good route to Ancona, bearing in mind we are "poor pensioners" and try to avoid any tolls whatsoever. It will be mid August and returning in Mid October so trying to avoid any snow falls;)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
A long drive but doable! If you have Google maps, select departure point (I would recommend Dover -Dunkerque with DFDS), then your destination. Click on the little car at the top then options at the bottom and select non toll. This is an option for you to consider.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks? I will try that
Also, consider using Michelin maps which will print off the actual route step by step and Camper contact for your stopovers, pay for the full version (£6.00) which you can use off line. It's the best for such a small price and covers the whole of Europe.
Safe travels.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Camper contact for your stopovers, pay for the full version (£6.00) which you can use off line.

Campercontact is unwilling to accept a non-British address. Has anyone else had this prob pls?

I have e-mailed Cc but, like GPs, it seems that they don't work at weekends.

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Hi,

We have found the most cost effective route down to Ancona is via Belgium, then down the east side of France, through Switzerland into Italy.

Assuming you're going from Calais or Tunnel...

A16, A25 Calais, Lille, into Belgium via Tournai, Mons, Namur, then down on A4 to Luxembourg, A31 into N France via A31 Metz, Nancy onto N57/N66 Mulhouse. Into Switzerland via Basle onto A2 Luzern, San Gottard, Lugano into Italy via Como, Milan, Parma, Bologna, Ancona.
You will need either a vignette or a 10 day Heavy vehicle pass for Switzerland depending on your weight (over 3500kg and you'll need the 10 day pass.
Worthwhile to pay the tolls in Italy as their main roads can be a bit slow passing through towns/villages and some road surfaces ain't great. The rest of the route is toll free.

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Petros
Jul 13, 2011
Stoney Stanton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Thanks, I have looked at michelin routes and they are quite comprehensive so I will probably use a variation of thee routes
Thank you all for the replies very helpful

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back