Route Planning App? (1 Viewer)

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Hello lovely people! We are trying (unsuccessfully so far!) to plan our 4-5 week summer tour. We have booked our Dover-Calais ferry.....that's it!
Now, we have one or two ideas of places we want to see. Well, I want to see, Ron just wants to get far enough South to get hot weather! I want to include Chartres, Oradour sur Glanes, Guedelon Castle, and spend some time in the Dordogne again. Ron wants to drive through Southern Germany and see some of the castles on the Romantische Straße. Can anyone recommend a good app that will help us plan this tour? Many only allow a few stops. What do you guys do when you plan a big trip?
Thanks in advance! (y)

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
maps.me - but don't plan in to much detail - just identify the areas you want to go to and roughly how long you want to spend in each area - after that just go where you fancy!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
maps.me - but don't plan in to much detail - just identify the areas you want to go to and roughly how long you want to spend in each area - after that just go where you fancy!
Agree, if you plan from now till you go you won't keep to it, just go where you think is the right way and just grab an aire when you feel like stopping(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Do a bit, consult "Campercontact", select from their selection of Campsites, Aires, Stelplatzs, servicepoints. Recommend joining £4.60, then download the relevant maps so it will work "offline" Mosey along, you can use their built in "Route" to the site(sat nav on your phone job) and if it is what you like, Bobs your uncle. If not mosey along to the next !
Sounds like you are retired so not on a must be home tour, lucky devils !!
To do the Romantische Strasse properly I would guess you need another week or so ! Don't miss out Fusson and Neuschwanstein. Just back from three weeks down there, not long enough ! (y)

PS. Freiburg, smashing golf course, nice one near Augsburg too, ooh can I come?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Park4night great free app, not routes but every stopping place all over Europe

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I normally use google maps as it gives miles and hours for each sector of your journey

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
@Gerri19 ooooh lucky lucky you two. 5 week trip around France. I've been all over the world but never France. Not even on a weekend break. Food , wine Fruit de mare .... Right up my street.
We will go once we've been to Norway next year. Hope your taking all your marking ( not !) We have to wait till Ralph retires to be able to do so long. Comes in handy being a teacher sometimes. Long holidays. See you soon at Misterton , pug will be a little bit nearer to being finished.

OP
OP
Ockerron
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Aw! Thanks for all your replies guys! Sorry I didn't reply before, leave a thread overnight and before you know it you're on page 4 and obscurity! I think I might try a combination of ALL your ideas, sounds perfect! So what about a mini Funsters tour to France next summer @Ralph-n-Bev and @Allan & Loren? Even just a week or two would be a real hoot!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Aw! Thanks for all your replies guys! Sorry I didn't reply before, leave a thread overnight and before you know it you're on page 4 and obscurity! I think I might try a combination of ALL your ideas, sounds perfect! So what about a mini Funsters tour to France next summer @Ralph-n-Bev and @Allan & Loren? Even just a week or two would be a real hoot!
Aren't we invited then:(

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We go to France 4 or 5 times a year , fort nights usually but one big one for 5 weeks in September, October, as Julie used to live there she has friends around the twin lakes / blaye area so we always tend to end up there but do roundabout tours to get there, we are going next Tuesday the 23 rd but only for 10 days so will probably stay North and into Belgium , probably park up at gravelines for a few days and get the bus out to other places, but as I said waste of time planning as something always crops up that changes our plans.(y):)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Going for a few weeks myself after Misterton, going to stay around Brittany this time Dinan, St Malo etc Meandering around the Rance as haven't done it for a few years.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back